http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4651149
This story is very sad, not really one that I would want to post on my blog, but since I know this girl personally, I have to post it. She was my brother's girlfriend for several years. He has long since moved on since they broke up a few years ago, but we had a long history with her when they were together. I think he's in total shock. Very very sad. It's always weird when someone you know or once knew is no longer here. Heather's sister (the girl in this story) died a couple of years ago too. I guess that family is destined for early deaths. But they don't exactly live the best of lives so it's not all that suprising either.
Lets just face it, I'm pretty traumatized too. Of all the ways to go, why did she choose this way? I fell asleep thinking about it and it was the first thing I woke up thinking about too. Some guilt has crept in too. Was there something more we could have done for her? Logically, I know the answer is no, but she never had a fair chance at life and I just feel bad that she ended her life in this way. Sigh.
Back Home to Utah
23 hours ago


6 comments:
I remember you mentioning Heather to me a few years back when we were out there. I bet this is taking a toll on Jeff. My thoughts go out to him. :(
A medical student spouse with a mental illness also committed suicide this fall. I have mixed reactions when reading about deaths relating to mental illness and suicide. I'm saddened by the tragedy, but I also feel relieved for her because now she's released from these insane ideas and mental suffering.
I just hope that her family and friends are coping--they're the ones suffering now.
It's very tragic and very sad if she was so troubled to do something like that.
Also, I can't believe that the truck that hit her just took off without stopping? Did I read that right?
yeah. We are thinking maybe it was a semi that hit her... since it was on the freeway, late at night, and her body had such trauma, it must have been a semi or something big enough that maybe he didn't even know what hit her!
Yikes Jen. I remember Heather - really, really sad. I hope you guys, esp. Jeff are doing ok with the news.
Everyone's ok. It was shocking how traumatic it was, we haven't seen her in a few years. What i think the shock was though - was HOW she did it. Not totally surprised that she did it, but HOW. Anyway, we just hope she's in a better place. Jeff is fine, he's surpised but he's so into his current girlfriend that he's ok. Thanks for the concerns!
Post a Comment