I've tried many times to make a crockpot beef concoction and it just never tastes right. So I found this recipe at Kraft.com and made it today and it was SO good. My kids ate all of their dinners, without complaint or bribery, and Brian and I had 2nd and 3rd helpings! So here it goes:
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup italian dressing (i used Kraft)
1/4 cup bbq sauce (I used Kraft)
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 lb. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1 1/4" cubes
1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, cut (i just threw in some baby carrots)
1 lg. onion, quartered
2 slices bacon, chopped (i just used those real bacon pieces)
3 T. flour
3 T. water
mix broth, dressing, bbq, and oregano in slow cooker. add all other ingredients except flour and water. cover with lid. cook on low 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours. (i actually cooked it for 3 1/2 hours and it was perfect)
transfer meat and veggies with slotted spoon into other dish
mix flour and water until well blended. Stir into juices. Cook on high in crockpot for 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
SOOOO GOOD! All of our dinners this week are from Kraft.com so if there are more as tasty as this one, I will post them too!
Back Home to Utah
22 hours ago


7 comments:
Yum! I love cooking in the crock pot. I've wanted a good beef stew recipe; Dinty Moore just doesn't cut it. lol
I never used to be a big crock pot fan but since I have had kids, its the easier way to go! Thanks for the recipe idea for this week. Good planning!
Thanks for the recipe!
That sounds quite tasty. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
SOunds really good! Can't wait to try it!
Just wanted to thank you for posting this recipe! I made it today and we all loved it too!
oh good, glad you enjoyed it! It's quite tasty, huh? I've tried a couple of other recipes that didn't fly quite as well as this one, though I have a new chicken enchilada recipe that was excellent as well!
Post a Comment