We had a surprise birthday party for Brian last Saturday. His BIG 4-0. His brother Chris called and took him to the movies during the day. He left in the morning to go run errands with the boys, so Kait and I took off like a bat outta you know where and went shopping to get all the stuff for his party. I then dropped it all of at my neighbor Carol's house and she held onto it all until I could go back and get it. I have a picture of my house all decorated but I can't seem to find it so as soon as I find it, I will upload it as well. Anyway, all of his siblings and families came over while Chris and Brian were at the movies and when they walked in the door, Brian was SHOCKED. He said he had absolutely no idea. The cake and funeral wreath were sent by our sister in law Monica. Monica and Brian have a long war of helping each other "celebrate" major milestone birthdays. They always try and outdo each other. Monica had the funeral wreath sent to Brian's work on Friday, and she arranged with his co-workers to sing Happy Birthday like a funeral procession as they took it into his office. It was really cute.
We had a BBQ and then cake and ice cream. After that, we all went outside to play games. The kids played on our swingset while the adults played "bools." Never heard of it? Neither had I. That's one thing I love about Brian's family - they are big game players so when I first married into the family, they were always playing croquet at family parties. Now, it's bools.
We celebrated Jodi's birthday as well. Her birthday was on the 5th of July so we gave them both a birthday party. Only Brian's was OVER THE HILL. Here are the 2 birthday kids....
I have on video, Brian walking into the house for his surprise party. I'll post it later.


3 comments:
I went to a funeral, i mean, a birthday like that once. They even had a real coffin of all things. Everyone was dressed in black and and someone got up and gave a eulogy. It was pretty creepy. but yours sounds like fun. What a way to celebrate.
I also went to one like that but the person they threw it for didn't take to it so well. She thought her husband wanted her to die and started balling. Her husband went out and bought her a new cake. Hope yours went over better!
At first glance I thought you guys were playing bacci ball but I guess not.
Hillarious! I'm totally doing that for Dave! (2 years!) And where on EARTH did you get the black funeral arrangement? That's classic!
Post a Comment