Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to my sweetest girl, Kaitlin!!!





I can't believe it's already been 2 years since you were born!!! I was induced on July 24th, Pioneer Day (here in Utah). And to keep with the Pioneer spirit, I decided to go natural and not have any drugs!!! My mom came up and watched the boys at 7am and Brian and I drove to the hospital. The nurse broke my water right off the bat, gave me pitocin, and I was in labor. Only 4 hours of contractions and you were ready to come out. The 10 minutes of pushing was the craziest thing I've ever felt. The nurse told me it would feel like a bowling ball that was on fire with knives coming out. That is exactly how it felt! But when they handed you to me, it was love at first sight.
We have loved having you in our home. You are an angel, yet a spitfire all at the same time. You are entering into the "terrible 2's" so you definitely hold your own against your brothers, and even me, sometimes. You have a strong will and when you put your mind to something, it WILL be that way, or else...
You insist on doing everything, and I do mean, everything your brothers do. You will not be held back, not because of age or gender. If they go running down the street, you will be running right behind them. You might be a little ways behind them, but you will be there, no matter what.
You hate being left behind when they go to school each day, but your turn is coming. You will start your own preschool with some friends in just one more month. Can you wait just a little longer? You give your nursery leaders at church a run for their money. Your leaders are Will and Ben and Ben always says that it's his goal to have you like him one day. He sneaks you fruit snacks when the other kids aren't looking to try and win you over! (he probably sneaks them fruit snacks when you aren't looking too!) Last Sunday, Will said that you informed all of the other kids that the toys were "mine!" (yours) so they put them away and did something else. That's my Kaitlin!
Along with your brothers, you are the love of my life... and your Daddy's life, and Mimi and Grandpa's life, and Aunt Tammi.... Your face lights up whenever you heard daddy coming home from work, or if you see Mimi. If you could have those 2 with you all day long, I think you would have the best days of your life. Dora is your best friend and sister. You have finally discovered the world of TV in the last couple of weeks and we've had to record lots of episodes of Dora so you can watch her all day long. You are Kait or Kaitlin to me, and you are Katie to Mimi. But most importantly, you are a loving child who brings smiles to everyone who comes in contact with you. I love you with all my heart! Happy 0-2!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I didn't know that you had Kaitlin natural! What a crazy bunch of friends I have, Darla has done the same thing you are brave. And Happy bday to Kait!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet Kaitlin! I wish I was there to celebrate your 2nd Birthday with you. I love you and miss you so much. Hugs & Kisses from your Aunt Tammi