Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipe: Creamy Italian Chicken (crockpot)

Just had this for dinner... YUM!!!! Got it from a blog called www.whipsomethingup.blogspot.com Started by my friend Darla and one of her friends. Really yummy recipes!

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cheese soup
1 packet of Italian salad dressing seasoning
1 package of cream cheese
noodles or rice of your choice - I put it over rice...

(This will feed 4 adults comfortably)
Combine all these ingredients together in the crock pot. I add the soups first, plus a third of a can of water. Mix the soups and water together a bit. Add your chicken. Top chicken with 3/4 of the package of dressing. Top with cream cheese. I cut mine into cubes first.

Put the lid on and simmer on low for about 8 hours or so depending on your crock pot (or for a quick fix high for 4 hours). I usually stir mine up after it has cooked for an hour or so and stir a few times throughout the day.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Oh, I have mae this it is SOOO good! YOu can make it with a Ranch packet, too. YUM!

Jen Howick said...

Oh, I think I've made it with the Ranch packet before - from a recipe you gave me once? It was really tasty!

Anonymous said...

This one sounds very familiar gals, maybe it was passed around years ago. If fact I think I made it. Can't remember the outcome in terms of if we liked it or not. But, maybe I'll give it a whirl again to see! Big question, did your kids like it???

Jen Howick said...

this version... my kids ate 2nd and 3rd helpings!