Wednesday, February 3, 2010

9 years ago today...


It all started one day, 9 1/2 years ago, when my close friend and roommate Steph, was sick of seeing me sad over my boy situation and set me up with her co-worker, Brian. They sat next to each other and Steph thought it would be a perfect match. She told me to email Brian, so I did- one line. It said, "I'm Jen, Steph told me to email you." I got a lengthy response back with a couple of pictures. That's where it ended. I thought he looked a little nerdy for my tastes. I remember telling my friend Kim that I thought he was nerdy and she said, "He's going to be the one you marry!" Steph kept at me telling me that she thought he was great. So finally one night, after I'd had it again, with my current boy situation, I called him and arranged a meeting. That was the last time I had any frustrations with the other boys!

We hung out almost everyday after that and got engaged and married 6 months later. It's ok that he's a little nerdier than I was used to. He is such a nice and genuine person, super cute, and thought I was amazing and I thought he was amazing. Still do!

We were married 9 years ago today. I was so nervous he wouldn't show up, but he did. And EARLY on top of it! We had an amazing wedding day - got married in the Mt Timp temple, had a luncheon with our closest friends and families at Thanksgiving Point and had a great wedding reception planned by mom at the Joseph Smith Building.

We started our family 3 years later and pretty much didn't stop having kids almost every year until we were done. We have had 4 kids in 5 years. They are the loves of our lives. Neither of us imagined how much we could love someone until we had our children.

Thanks Bri, for an amazing 9 years. What a ride! I often say that you are my rock - and you are. You know me almost better than I know myself and you are an absolutely AMAZING father and husband. I would be lost without you! You are, without a doubt, my best friend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Contratulations you two! It was a great day for your parents as well. We had such a fun time, we still say that we could do it all over again. Dad & I are proud of you both. You paid a lovely tribute to Brian, Jen & I know he feels the same way about you. Love you both & love you all!

Randi said...

Aw, tender!!! It was a beautiful day! I remember it well. You looked gorgeous! Congrats on 9 years!!

Brian said...

I am a lucky man! Not only have I been blessed to be married to a dynamic woman who works hard in improving our family, but Jen is very creative, is a great cook (only 2 meals in 9 years were bad), a great teacher, VERY good looking, and has both supported me and kicked me out of my comfort zone when needed. I will forever be grateful for the memories she keeps in her wonderful scrapbooks of our kids and for these wonderful blogs that keep my family up do date. It has been a great 9 years.. and I am looking for the next 30!

Erika said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. I love your wedding picture-you look so beautiful Jen! Have a wonderful day!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Congratulations, you guys! Loved hearing about your courtship/wedding.

Alicia said...

Such a great post, Jen! I don't even recognize you in your wedding photo.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding was the only one we've been to where there was snow all around! What a sight both in terms of the view and the good looking couple! Hope you guys get a chance to do something very special together! Enjoy your day and happy 9th wedding anniversary!

Kim said...

What a cute post. I totally remember walking into your office and talking to you about Brian. So funny. I can't believe how long ago it was. It seems like forever ago. And who knew I'd be right about you marrying him. I'm glad you found such an awesome guy. You deserve it!

hughes family said...

jen, what a great post! love the wedding picture too! you guys are a great team, and you have adorable kids to prove it! i'm so happy for you both. i remember someone telling me "marry a nerdy guy, they make the best husbands." :) my mom and i were cleaning yesterday and we talked about how amazing you are and how we're so happy for you for all you have accomplished. we're amazed at how you juggle everything. you are so creative and YOU are a "rock" of a friend and cousin. happy anniversary! brian is so lucky to have you!

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Happy 9 years to you both. I hope you were able to do something fun to celebrate!

BTW - do you want to do the zoo tomorrow if its nice like it was today? I'm itching to get the kids (and myself) outside.