I will post some pics soon, I promise! But I have another parenting question. Since ya'll are so willing to share your opinions, this is a good place to ask questions! Do you let your kids sleep in your bed with you? Like, they start in their own bed and sometime in the night they come into your bed... Do you just let them stay or do you move them back into your own bed? Or are you just lucky and they never do?
5 comments:
Emma goes through phases when she wants to come in and sleep with me in the middle of the night. I used to try to fight it -- get up, take her back, lie on the bed with her until she fell back to sleep. But it disrupted my sleep so much that now I just let her crawl up and we both fall back to sleep. It's not all the time and I'm assuming some day she'll grow out of it.
Luckily we're past that stage. I'm so spoiled now to never be woken up at night, but when our kids were younger we would usually go tuck them back in their beds and rub their back until they fell asleep or let them sleep on the floor next to our bed. It was mostly the latter with the last 2 kids. It's everyone's own personal decision--I didn't want them getting into the habit of sleeping with us because a)our bed is only a queen--no room for kids, and b)my sister let all her kids sleep with her and her hubby all the time and she thought they'd grow out of it but they haven't to this day. Her 10 year old son still begs to sleep with them and has some separation issues, her daughter was the same way at that age but I think she's finally out grown it. Every child is different, but those are the reasons I chose not to do it. When they're a baby it's different. I miss cuddling with a little baby in my bed, and they need their mama!
I do like snuggling with my kiddos. BUT I can't sleep with them in my bed (especially now, since I'm pregnant, too worried about them kicking me in the belly), I need my space.
Generally, if the kids come in we let them snuggle for a little while and then we take them back to their bed. IF they keep coming in night after night we tell them they can sleep on the floor or they can sleep in their bed, it's their choice.
Once we told Alyssa that she may kick me in the tummy and hurt the baby she stopped coming to our bed as often and is willing to go back to her bed a lot sooner than before.
I cannot sleep with kids in our bed - a queen is just to small for that and our kids our wigglers. Luckily Finn was never one to sleep with us and has never asked to as he's gotten older. Berlin never slept with us, but when she has a nightmare (about once a month if that) then she wants to lay with me. I let her for like and hour and then I put her back in her bed. Or, I'll put her in our bed and I'll go lay on the couch. I need my sleep and just don't get it when it's more than Ryan and I.
I am definatly guilty of this, but I don't do this anymore. I don't sleep when they are in my bed. Once they got into the habit of doing it, it was a pain to break.
Post a Comment