Friday, January 29, 2010

why didn't i think of this a long time ago?


i wish i could take credit for thinking up this little beauty but i was introduced to it last fall at the park with my friend cynthia. kaitlin has to go potty realllly bad -no public bathrooms at this park.
all of the sudden cynthia whips out this "potty on the go!"
holy cow, instant potty!
you stick a plastic bag between the white part of the seat and the grey part, snap it down, potty into the bag, throw the bag away when done.
genius.
this could have saved me YEARS of frustration!
so i knew i had to order me one of those.
it arrived yesterday.
cute, stylish bag.
in the car it went.
it will go everywhere with us. the park, long trips, wherever.
i am prepared!!!
thanks cynthia! you are my hero!

9 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

A few days ago we were stuck at the park with an "emergency" and no bathrooms and so I told my four-year-old that he could just use a diaper. He wouldn't, so we cruised home. Ever since he's been asking if he could wear a diaper at home. What a mistake on my part!

Jen Howick said...

really? I have used the diaper trick many times, especially with Kaitlin, in the car mostly... but now I can just whip out the ol' potty and stick them on! woohoo!!! That's funny that your 4 yr old is reverting to wanting to wear a diaper! crazy crazy. This potty was only about $30.. worth every. last. penny!

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

yay! So glad you like it! We plan on taking ours to Germany in the Fall - cause there are NEVER bathrooms when you need them, and they aren't free. Seriously, you have to pay to use the bathroom in the German version of Target. What? This will be our lifesaver.

Randi said...

Wow, not sure how I feel about that. Seems like a good idea in theory, but disposal sounds a bit messy. Hmmm...I guess if you have girls it would serve more of a purpose. Boys, as you know, come with their own outdoor pumbing so it's not often an issue of finding a "spot to go" unless it's the other...which has never happened to me. Now watch, it will. :)

Jen Howick said...

if you have a boy like mine, Logan, he will NOT go anywhere but his pants and the potty. I tried to get him to go on the side of the road once, it was a no-can-do so he just went in his pants instead! I guess it depends on the kid but this potty will be a lifesaver for us!

hughes family said...

honestly, i don't know how people survive with kids and NO toilet in their cars! i have carried one in our van for five years. its just a little training potty, and i have to say, its used ALL the time, even by the 7 year olds!! i just pour out liquids wherever we are--parking lots, bushes, etc. I LOVE our car toilet--sometimes if we're in a gross public place and someone has to go, i actually tell them "wait 'til we get to the car" because then i know its a clean toilet and i don't have to manage ALL the other kids in a gross public bathroom. glad you're on board jen! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Randi. If we are out and about at a park or walking along a trail, if my son has to go, I just tell him to go behind a bush or tree and he does, no problem. But, I can see how it might come in handy for a girl. We shall see how Mikayla reacts to having to go once she gets potty trained. (When we go on a long road trip though, I'll remember to bring some form of a portable potty with us this summer)

Jen Howick said...

that's fine but when you have a boy like Logan who REFUSES, you have to think of other methods! Also, the cleanup is easy peasy. Pull the bag off, tie it up, and throw it away! But I'm not saying that everyone has to have one, just that it's perfect for us. You are lucky you don't all have boys who aren't as stubborn as mine! And anyway, it's Kaitlin and Carli that will probably use it the most. Have you ever tried to have a girl go pee on the ground? Not so easy!

Jen Howick said...

and THANKS Meg! I didn't see your comment till just now. It is SO MUCH better than disgusting public bathrooms. I told my mom yesterday that I needed to make sure to tell you about it but I should have known that you already knew about it!