Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My most favorite salad, currently.

My awesome hubby and I have been doing some major exercising the last 2 1/2 weeks. We are doing a 90 day program - we have successfully completed 72 days of it so far. It's totally die hard but of course, you have to eat right as well to see the results you want. And if you are exercising as hard as we are, you better eat right, because we don't want to finish the program and not see killer results. So meet my new favorite salad that my friend Denise told me about:

spinach leaves
a handful of fat free mozzarella cheese
a few honey almonds, sliced
craisins (for calories sake, I don't add these unless I am taking this salad to a family party)
bacon (Brian loves the bacon on his but I don't always add it)
sliced mushrooms (I don't add these on either unless I am taking this to a family party)
Brianna's Poppyseed dressing drizzled on

Mmmmmm. I have been eating this 1-2 times per day and I tell ya, it is so good! Oh, and I've been losing weight so I would say that it's doing me right! I wish I had a picture of it, in all it's yummy goodness. But if you make one for yourself, you'll see and taste how delish it is!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

You need to post the exercise routine you're doing?

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

I'm glad you like this salad! I'd been meaning to ask you about it after we talked that day.

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

We have a similar recipe and it's our favorite too - the only difference is that we add thinly sliced red onions and substitute fresh strawberries in place of craisins. Super yummy! And yes, I wouldn't mind trying the dvd's when you are done ... as long as I don't have to buy any new equipment.

Jen Howick said...

oh yes, thanks for the reminder, Cynthia. I also add strawberries when I'm taking it to a family party! It's just really toned down when I am eating it daily!