Sunday, January 10, 2010

Logan's birthday weekend!


Logan turned the big 0-5 this past Friday. We did family stuff on Friday and his friends birthday party on Saturday. Opening up presents Friday morning.

The first present he went for was from Aunt Tammi. She knows Logan, she used Star Wars paper... she always gives my kids the most ADORABLE clothes. 2 super cute sweaters. Mimi gave Logan 2 pairs of jeans and 4 shirts (which he desperately needed all of it!) Thanks gals!

Dinner at Tepanyaki's, of course!



Bri is not happy that I am posting this pic but too funny not to!


Onto the birthday party. We invited 16 kids, and 12 came. Whew! Logan couldn't think of anyone that he didn't want to come! First all of the kids played in the playroom while waiting for everyone to arrive.

Logan's cute friend from school, Kindra.


The first game was a lego contest - they all built spaceships.


even Carli wanted to get into the action!

All of the kids with their masterpieces! (L to R: Kindra, Jake, Kait, Adri, Finley, Kimi, Emma, Logan, Kion, Jackson, Alex, Harrison, Harper, and Will)


Then there was a pin the asteroid on the space poster but I didn't get any pictures of that. All of the kids wore Stormtrooper face masks for that game because the eyes hadn't been punched out of the masks yet so they couldn't see anything. Next was a "death star" pinata. I bought a soccer ball pinata and we covered it with foil and duct tape. We covered a stick with blue painters tape and duct tape to make it a lightsaber.

All of the kids got 3 whacks on it and it still wouldn't break so finally Brian whacked it 3 times super hard and it finally broke all over the place.

Opening presents was the only moment of true mayhem. There were kids shoving their presents in Logan's face. I have no idea who gave him what. A lot of the kids made him cards and he would grab them and throw them behind them. One of his little friends was sad that he didn't even open her card. So next time, we will do presents in a more organized fashion!

I bought this awesome cupcake stand from Roberts. My mom bought all the cupcakes with Star Wars rings on them, which the kids LOVED. I bought a sparkler 5 candle.

I can't believe that 12 kids managed to squish around our little table but they did! We also had Yoda Sodas.

I came up with this clever idea while waiting for everyone to arrive (at least I thought it was clever!) I downloaded tons of different Star Wars pictures from the internet and loaded them onto our digital frame.

awesome cupcakes

6 comments:

Kim said...

You're my hero for letting him invite that many kids to his party. I would do anything to get our of hosting birthday parties. But they come with the territory of being a mom I guess. :) Good job with the star wars creativity everything was adorable. I'll have to call you next time I throw a party for Walker.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Logan! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday party!!! Your parents sure know how to theme up a party!

Alicia said...

WOw Jen, you think of the most creative things for your kids!

Jen Howick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Looks like the party was a blast. Emma sure had a good time!

Stephanie said...

That certainly looks like a FABULOUS party!! Sebastian was truly bummed he couldn't come! Lets have a playdate soon, We miss you guys and Sebastian often asks to play with JacksonLogan (yes he knows they're two different people but that's how we distinguish the difference between his two Jackson friends, LOL. There is Jaxon and there is JacksonLogan. :) HA HA)