Friday, January 22, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

Several months ago, my neighbor, Liz, posted a list of her favorite things on her blog. I thought it was a cute idea, it gave me some new ideas of things I wanted to try out. So here is my list, and maybe you will stumble across something you might want to try. This list could be considered ongoing, since I have lots of favorite things, but I've just thought a few things. One of my unfavorite things is that I can't get my typing above the first picture on my blog anymore. Anyone know how? (these favorite things are in no particular order)...
1) CSI Las Vegas.
Love that show! It's the only one I record and make sure to watch each week.
It can be a little gross.
But I love it.

2) Archer Farms Lemon Raspberry Water.
YUM!
You can only buy it at Target.
The last time I was at Target, I bought 12 bottles of it.
We drank it in 2 days.
No calories.
Divine flavor!


3) Trainer Momma.
I dig her.
She is awesome.
She is a wealth of information about nutrition and exercise.
If I didn't have Scentsy, I would seriously consider becoming a trainer.
She lets me email her all my questions and she gives me tons of tips and ideas for free.
I'm on the most intense exercise program I have ever been on, thanks to her. It's great!


4) Crazy 8 childrens clothing store. I never had even heard of them until last week when I went to the mall with my mom and stumbled upon their store. The first person I called was my friend Erin (we always call each other with great deals) to tell her of this awesome store and what a surprise... she had already heard of it and had been shopping their for months. I feel like I live in the dark ages, except I don't, because I am out all the time. But I don't know how I never know what is going on in the fashion world. I listen to Erin and Elicia talk and I have never even heard of the 95% of the brands they talk about! However, I felt better when I told some of my other friends about it a couple of days later and they had never heard of it either. And they are pretty much in the know about stuff. To defend ourselves though, we don't have a mall less than 20 minutes from us. Our mall got torn down. So none of us make it to the mall that often anymore. So... onto why I love this store.
Holy cute.
Super cute clothes for cheap.
I've been there twice and only spend $35. Wanna hear what I have gotten so far?
a darling pair of shoes.
3 shirts.
tutu.
All for only $35. And the stuff is SO CUTE.

3) Fire Tomato Soup from Paradise Bakery.
I don't even like tomato soup. I remember I begged my mom for some when I was a little girl. She made it for me and I absolutely hated it. Especially the color. bleh!
I bought 2 quarts of it tonight and told my kids it was the best soup I had ever had.
They agreed! (for once!)

4) Crafts. It used to be scrapbooking but I haven't scrapbooked in ages. I just love crafts now.
I love crafts.
I love crafty people.
I love crafting with people.
I love wood crafts.
I love paper crafts.
I love vinyl crafts.
I love crafts.

5) Cowabunga Bay. Where a kid can be a kid... and you don't have to freak out and wonder if they are drowning. Because they aren't. Because the water is like an inch deep at the end of the slide.
My kids literally ask me for Cowabunga Bay almost every single day. They can't figure out why it would be a bad idea to go there in the 20 degree weather and the snow.
I bought my family season tickets for Christmas.
If you call and we aren't home this summer, chances are, we're at Cowabunga Bay!
YEA!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy 8, yes, they have one in "our" mall. I've been in a time or two. Cute stuff!

I also tend to get a lot of great deals and cute things ( I think) from the Carters Outlets out here for my kids. That purple and brown long sleeve shirt that Carli has now was just $1.99 at the time at their store!

Deals, deals, deals, gotta agree with you! That's one of my favorite things!

hughes family said...

jen, gotta second the favorite SOUP!! that is my favorite. actually the best combo is that soup with their turkey cranberry sandwich. WOW. when i was in labor with #4 i made jason leave the hospital and go to paradise to get me that soup and sandwich for when the whole ordeal was over. he was nervous to leave, but understood my intense *need* for that soup!! LOVE it. unfortunately we don't have a paradise here in oregon. it was down the street from our house in AZ. ahhhh! glad you love it too!

Alicia said...

You just got me really excited about the videos. I agree with Trainer Momma's blog. She is one of my all time favorites. And I love that I can e mail her and she'll e mail back fast with great answers. I'll have to try the tomato soup. I just discovered Paradise Bakery, and love their Bleu Cheese Salad and Butternut Squash soup. Cowabunga will definitly be on our list of places to visit this summer. Great list Jen!

Kim said...

Cute idea for a post. And I just barely heard about how awesome Crazy 8 is the other day. And I need to get more crafty. You always have pics of the cutest stuff that you've made on here.

Jen Howick said...

I just found a recipe on the internet for a copy cat of that tomato soup from Paradise so I am going to give it a whirl tonight. If it tastes just as yummy, I'll post it! Alicia, you gotta try it. It's SO GOOD! Maybe we should meet over there for lunch one day? I always need a bowl of soup! Oh good Kim, I'm SO relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that just barely discovered Crazy 8. Whew!