Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What a week!

Last Thursday was the last day my kids have been out of our house. Why you may wonder, have we been home for the last 5 days strait, when normally we are gone every single day? Because after our fabulously fun day at Lagoon, we all got horrible colds. One after the other came down with it, Jackson being the last to get it on Sunday. Oh, and our trooper Carli has yet to get it. I don't normally get sick, so maybe I just don't remember, but I have to say that this is probably the worst cold I've ever had. If I don't keep up on the Advil Cold and Sinus (the BEST medicine) EVER... then I've got a nasty fever, freezing, wretched sore throat, cough etc.. It sucks. So, what did Kaitlin do to entertain herself?

She rocked my world and potty trained herself! That's right, folks. She potty trained HERSELF. I've tried here and there but never pushed it because I learned the lesson with Jackson that a child won't potty train unless they are ready. So, I guess she was bored and decided it was time. She informed me that she had gone potty, so I came up with a great idea of telling Kaitlin that we were out of diapers for her and there was only 1 pair of underwear left. I've noticed that if she sees her pile of underwear, she purposely goes potty in the one she is wearing, so she can wear the next cute pair (that's a girl for ya!) Wham, bam, thank you ma'am! 3 days of pottying all by herself and only 2 accidents, I think we've succeeded! I even took her to run some errands today in underwear! And she almost made it home, only 5 minutes from home she had an accident. But that's ok. At least she can go to preschool in the fall, and we only have 1 little person left in diapers. YAHOO! Despite how yucky I feel, this has made it all worth it!

5 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Congrats on the great news!

Kim said...

hooray! Will she come over and train Meg for me? And sorry you guys all feel so crappy. Theres nothing worse than feeling gross and having to take care of other people too.

Us Lochers said...

Sounds like swine flu to me!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are all so sick over there. Didn't realize that. We had our share too this year. It sucks especially over the summer.

Take care and Hooray to Kaitlin for being potty-ready!!!!

Rachel said...

Congrats!!! You are so right - don't even try until THEY are ready. Spencer pretty much did the same thing at Kaitlin.... just disappeared into the bathroom and that was that. Hurray!