Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The big 3-5!

The birthday went something like this... woke up at 7:30 and went to an appt. Came home and ate french toast with the fam, got the cutest cards from them ever. Brian said the phone had been ringing off the hook. Got some cute messages from friends, one friend and her kids sang me Happy Birthday on my answering machine. Cute. Got the kids ready and went to swim school. Stopped by Wendy's and grabbed them some lunch. Dropped them off at my parents and went to the dentist. Picked up 2 kids from my parents and went to Beth's. Went back to my parents and met up with Brian and my mom and the other 2 kids. Met everyone at Tepanyaki's for dinner. (see picture below!)


Went back to my parents and met up with their neighbor that we adore and had cupcakes and ice cream. Brian and the boys left and I stayed for a while longer with the girls. Left Kaitlin there for her first sleepover with Mimi and Grandpa. Got home at 10:30pm. Got home to lots of messages on my answering machine, 3 cards on the porch, a plate of insanely good mint brownies from a friend. My Facebook comments are O.O.C (thats short for OUT OF CONTROL!) One person wrote "Happy Birthday!" and it spawned an insane amount of more Happy Birthdays from friends, some of which I haven't seen or talked to in YEARS! Finally went to bed at 1am. Today, this lovely cookie bouquet arrived. How GOOD do those look? I took a picture so I could invite you all over to have a cookie. But guess what? My kids pretty much ate almost all of them. I am so proud of myself. I only had 1... that's right ONE. Someday I will tell you about my new eating and excercise plan that I have lost 2 sizes, 8 inches, and 12 lbs on so far, in 5 weeks! Oh happy day!!!
Thanks all, for a fabulous birthday, the bday wishes, cards, gifts, etc... I look forward to going to Coldstone and using my $10 giftcard, going to Target and buying some new clothes with my $25 giftcard, wearing my cute handmade earrings, and overall enjoying year 35 in my life!
I am blessed!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't birthdays just the best!!! You certainly had one to remember!

Now, give us the details on your program that is making you lose your pants, sizes that is!

I want a menu and your willpower. And just a few months ago you mentioned you had little of it. You were wrong, you have tons. More than me!

Alicia said...

Wow!! That sounds like an amazing Birthday. I don't even remember the last time I had a Birthday like that. Next post has to be dedicated to your weight lose program. I think we are all anxious to hear!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! You sure have a lot of great friends.

Randi said...

WOW! One fun birthday! And you better e-mail this new weight loss plan to me!!! Now! ;)

Kim said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday! I want to hear about your weight loss plan. You deserve an award for only eating one of those cookies!

Erika said...

Happy late birthday! Way to go on the weightloss. I want to know what you're doing too! (Is it HCG?)

Jenn said...

Happy late Birthday!! Sounds like a mother kind of day mixed with the right amount of birthday fun! Miss you and wish you the best in everything!
Jenn Bryant