People are beating my door down to find out how I am losing weight! So, here's the story. I've slowly gained weight over the last 5 years while having kids. I've had zero motivation to lose it in between pregnancies because I knew I was just going to get pregnant again, therefore, get fat again. However, I am done having kids now so it's time to get that weight off and get healthy again! 2 weeks after I had Carli, I was reading this blog that I follow and I came across this post:
http://heatherdwhite.typepad.com/unwrapped/2009/04/still-going-strongand-getting-even-stronger.html
I know this girl, well, I don't know her personally but I know she is real. So when I read this post, I thought, I am going to do this! I don't to the Taislim stuff, but I saw the link to Total Health and Fitness - the place she has gone to to learn how to eat right and excercise right. So I went to their website: http://www.thfonline.com/ and I was INSPIRED! I didn't want to feel bad about my body anymore. I didn't want to go all summer feeling insecure about how I looked especially when I am with skinnier friends! I just wanted to feel happy with myself inside and out. Also, I am prediabetic which scares the dickens out of me. I really don't want to have diabetes later on. It's such a hard disease to have. My doctor has told me many times that if I excercise and eat right, I might be able to prevent it. So, I signed up online that night for a free consultation. They had a location near my house and several others throughout Utah.
I went to my free consultation and met with my now, nutritionist. She measured me, weighed me, talked to me about fat loss and weight lifting / cardio etc... She told me that when people diet they can lose weight, but you have to lift weights and do cardio to tone your body so you're not left with a bunch of flabby skin. And keeping it off is a whole other ballgame. People generally lose weight and then gain it all back because they return to their old eating habits. But if you lose weight by eating foods that you like, then it will be easier to keep it off because you're just eating stuff you normally eat. So, I signed up for 12 weeks and I've been on a roll ever since!
I'm super duper uber motivated and determined. I have been eating right every single meal, drinking tons of water / crystal light (if you remember, I got kidney stones while pregnant because I was such a crappy drinker of water) - I drink now 87 oz per day. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. I excercise 4-6 days per week. My nutritionist tells me what to eat each week, the amounts, etc... and the same for excercise. She prints up my schedule for excercising, what weights to lift, how to lift them, how many reps, etc... same for Cardio. That's what I need. Someone to tell me exactly what to do. Tell me what to do and I will do it. I can't be left alone to figure it out for myself. My motivation goes right down the drain.
I am very proud of myself and my determination. I meet with my nutritionist every Monday morning to get weighed, once a month I get measured, and then we review my eating and excercise plans for the week. I tell her what I like, what I don't like, ask questions, etc... So far, every week so far, I've lost 1.5 to 3 lbs. each week. Seeing results keeps me going. And having accountability with her each week also keeps me going.
So there you have it. I'd only told a couple of people about this when I started but I am so much happier that I decided to share it with everyone! I still have 7 weeks to go but this is the longest I have ever stuck with something like this. I think having the gestational diabetes so bad in my last pregnancy also showed me that I can stick with something, even if it feels so restrictive. But I find that I don't really even crave sugar anymore like I was when I had the diabetes. Yea!!!
So let me share with you how that girl who inspired me looks now! This was the final inspiration I needed... I will look like this in a few weeks! And I'll post my before and after picture on my blog for you all to see!!!
http://heatherdwhite.typepad.com/unwrapped/2009/05/jazz-it-off-winner.html
That will be me in just a few more weeks!
Back Home to Utah
22 hours ago


4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this with us, Jen. I'm going to check it out right now.
Way to go Jen!! I am the classic example of weight loss. I lost 55 lbs in 12 weeks and now have gained it all back and some. I'm just a tad bit overwhelmed right now. So overwhelmed that I'll grab the cookie instead of jump on the treadmill. Counter productive I know.
That's awesome. I totally admire you for your determination! Can you send some of that over my way? Ü
I've been following Heather's weight loss as well... amazing lady! Good luck! I am going to see if they have one out here for me! Is it expensive?
Post a Comment