Friday, August 29, 2008

The latest!

Brian survived his surgery yesterday, like a trooper. The kids and I waited in the waiting room for him to recover (it was not a pretty site, don't know why I thought the kids would behave for me at the hospital!) and at any rate, the surgeon told me that it was a good thing he decided to surgery because the achellius tendon was a "full blown rupture!" So that is the worst it could have been, we thought it was torn, but ruptured is worse so it's a good thing he got the surgery done. He's in a 3/4 cast, the front is not, to allow for the swelling. Brian goes back in 2 weeks and gets a full cast on for 2 more months, then a month in a walking cast!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and meals. It's nice to know we have so many awesome family and friends nearby! My nausea is a tad better today because I didn't take my prenatal last night, I swear there is a link. I'm going to take some One-a-days for a while and see if that helps.

I know my boys would be thrilled for a playdate if anyone wants them to play for an hour or two! We've been cooped up in the house for so long, Costco is starting to sound like a good "outing" but truthfully, me and 3 kids at Costco doesn't really mix that well! (for the same reasons that me and 3 kids at the hospital didn't mix yesterday either! It sounds great but when I get there, it's usually a disaster!)

The boys started school this week so that's been nice for MWF afternoons, and Jackson started soccer last night which he was VERY excited for... I will post pics of everything sometime soon...

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Jen!

I didn't know! Tell him I feel his pain! Both of your pain!

I'm still not able to walk on my right foot yet, But I am hobbling around on crutches. Not fun. But let me know if I can do anything. Not this coming week, but the next I can put full weight on my foot, so I'll be more helpful by then. But they still won't let me drive for another 3 weeks, until I'm out of the boot. UGH. Which foot did he have done? Hopefully the left. Good luck you guys! I have some helpful hints for the pain, if he gets sick of the pain meds like I did.

Rachel said...

Holy worst case scenario... that sucks!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Morning sickness is the pits. My heart truly goes out to you. Did you talk to your doctor yet? I was kicking myself all the way home that I didn't call after I heard the nurses asking another woman if she needed something for her nausea.

Elicia said...

Sorry to hear about Brian's injury - did he get it playing basketball? I swear church ball for older men should be banned. Our neighbor sprained his ankle playing and then almost died because the blood clots he developed because of that injury went to his lungs!
Will Brian have to stay home from work for a while? I feel for him (and for you)!

Kim said...

I have to admit that for the first trimester with Meg I wouldn't take my prenatals. They made me feel like crap and I couldn't deal with it. I wish I was closer so I could help w/ your kids and bring you some yummy dinner. Hope everything goes ok.

hughes family said...

jen, i can't believe all that is going on for you right now! i'm glad the surgery is over and that it was a good thing to get it done. i hope he has an okay recovery--i hope you continue to manage! i wish we were closer and i'd take your kids for as many playdates as they wanted!! hang in there, hope the next two months goes FAST! :)

Randi said...

Are you ok? Hanging in there? I hope so. Thinking about you!

Lloyd said...

Hey Brian,

Hope things is going OK, enjoy the time in the cast, you will get to know one of my PT brethren all too well once it comes off. ;-)

Hang in there, all will be well in time. Who was your doc? Professional curiosity kicking in!