Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally, the Bear Lake photos!

I guess I am "well" enough to finally post the pictures from Bear Lake. We left Monday afternoon, followed my parents in their trailor, up to Bear Lake. It took about 3 hours to get there, 2 hours to get home... but it was such a fun and relaxing trip. I can honestly say that I think it was one of Brian's most favorite family vacations that we've ever taken. It was relaxing, yet really fun. And it was the first time we've ever stayed more than 1 night camping, which was a first for me too, and it was really great! I'm glad we toughed it out, because after the first night, I'm not sure that we really wanted to stay a 2nd night in a row.


I have to explain the lifejacket situation. First off, they didn't really need them, floaties would have sufficed, but I wasn't sure and so I asked my friend Kara, if I could borrow her lifejackets just in case. Well, as you can see, the 2 boys are wearing the pink ones, and Kaitlin gets the yellow one. All the way from the campground to the beach (about .25 mile walk), Jackson is saying, "This life jacket is pink! I hope no one laughs at us! If they do, my dad will kill them!" soooo funny. Of course, we corrected him that "his dad woudn't kill them, but he would talk to them about it!" Mimi was trying to help by saying, "they look RED to me!" After a few minutes, when nobody on the beach said anything, nor did they care, they got over it and they didn't even flinch at the fact that the boys were wearing pink lifejackets!


It got very chilly at night, I thought this was a cute picture of Kait in her sweats over her dress, which she refused to take off. She's such a fashion queen! (or at least she thinks she is!)
The only picture of me, and the camera was on the wrong setting of course... but for once my face doesn't look like it's a XXXXXL! Maybe a ponytail is the hairstyle for me!
Our awesome tent and Grandpa arranged for the tv to be outside so the kids could watch. They loved it. A little bit of home while camping!

4 comments:

Us Lochers said...

WOW! Somebody was busy posting!! Sheesh. It looks like Bear Lake was a load of fun. I like all the pictures.

Stephanie said...

So tell me about camping up there. I've never camped up there but it looks like a ton of fun! BTW: is that a TV in one of those pics?? :P

Kim said...

I've heard so many good things about camping at Bear Lake. I think we might have to try it next year. Your kids are adorable and hilarious! Looks like you've been up to tons of fun.

Jen Howick said...

bear lake was really fun. we'd never been there either but always wanted to try it. the particular place we camped at is the one that is closest to the beach, which my kids LOVED. it was super fun!