Sunday, August 15, 2010

playroom pics after the big dump!

here is the aftermath of my major playroom cleanup. New bins on the right that Brian picked up. The smaller bins next to it have Jackson's misc. toys in the top, Logan's in the middle, and the legos were overflowing in the smaller bin they were in, so now they get a full drawer. I made the kids chore charts a couple of months ago. They love the pictures on them, so for Kaitlin who can't read, it's perfect. They never have to wonder what their responsibilities are.
I love those 1,2,3 bins I got from Ikea. They were only a dollar-ish each. So cute. We got tons of new books from cousin Hannah so I cleared out all of our old books and put in the new ones. Now I have a big box of books I am going to donate to some lucky cause or person.

I made this vinyl for my kids drawers a while ago... I have a lot more vinyl to make for all of the new drawers. Kaitlin noticed instantly that her name had been removed (because her drawer used to be the lego drawer) but I promised her she would get new vinyl on her new drawers. I made some vinyl for my friend Amy's drawers, you can see it here: Amy's bins

3 comments:

Alicia said...

My house next!

Jen Howick said...

ok! I love organizing, especially when it's other people's things! lol!

Anonymous said...

You are so organized! I remember when you used to help me organize my own room as kids! Good for you for condensing the toys and stuff. I know how out of control having all kinds of kids toys around can feel.