Saturday, August 14, 2010

Raspberry Shakes at Bear Lake - part 1

We had a super fun family vaca with our cousins and aunts and uncles this past week. My aunt named it "Raspberry shakes at Bear Lake" about a year ago when we started planning it. We spent Sunday through Wednesday morning there and had so much fun. It seemed like it would be too short of a time but I think it ended up perfect. We all had a BLAST. We rented condos and rooms at Blue Water Resort, which is super hard to get into but we happened to get in on some cancellations. We're trying to see how we can get into the resort next year because so far almost everything is booked solid, already!


It was a little chilly Monday morning, so we went to the park at the resort first.
Kait, Carli, and Els
Finally the skies cleared up and down to the beach we went. It was just a quick walk from where we were staying. 2 sisters enjoying a chat on the beach.

me and my cousin Lindz.
Lindz' husband Doug, borrowed a boat from his sister. Super fun and a great surprise / addition to our time at Bear Lake. My kids had never been on a boat before, so it was super fun! The next day, I went out with the kids and we went intertubing. They all LOVED it. Doug took Jackson after I did and they went super fast. I wish I had pictures because his smile was huge!

Julie, Cory, and Uncle Roy
My dad rented a waverunner the first day, and Aunt Pat rented one the second day. Also, a fun addition to the time spent there. Everyone took them out for a spin and loved it.

more pics to come!

No comments: