Monday, August 30, 2010

last days of freedom!

I took the kids to do a few things the week before school started, one last time this summer. I know I've posted a million pics of This is the Place Park but this was something different. Just as we were getting ready to leave, this guy started talking to everyone about this medicine he has and he wanted anyone with an "ailment" to come forward and he would treat them. Alicia's daughter had a skinned leg so she got a "treatment" as well as another little boy. Then the banker came along and said that this "doctor" was a fake and he caused him to go bald etc... It was really funny and different from anything I have seen there.
The town sherriff came along and arrested him and said he was going to hang him, so the picture below, they are taking the "doctor" to jail.
his stuff got left behind...

I found out that this particular week in August is a buy one get one free day at Lagoon (that's cheaper than Stake Lagoon day) so I took the kids there. We met our cousins for the day, and Brian and Carli came later in the afternoon. Lots of fun.


insanely hot. I spent most of the day sweating bullets.

my kids FAVORITE ride, Rattlesnake Rapids. Just after they got DRENCHED. It felt good though!
after the ride...
We took Carli and Kaitlin on the big huge Ferris Wheel. Everytime it moved, Carli would start moaning. She was scared!
We are going to surprise the kids with season tickets to Lagoon for next year. They are going to be STOKED! And so will we! We love it there! Hopefully our cousins will have season tickets too - it's always more fun with friends and family.

4 comments:

liz said...

Jen, that last picture is such a good one of you! You look so tan and skinny and cute! And I can't believe how much Carli has changed in only four months. I'm not going to recognize anybody's kids by the time we come home, am I? I wish everyone would blog so we could keep up!

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

you are the season pass queen :) Looks like you had fun!

Jen Howick said...

I don't know about that Cynthia, I think you have just as many, if not more season passes to places than me! I think YOU are the Season pass queen! ;)

Rachel said...

I agree, that last photo is so, so cute! And I have to say, Carli is a girl after my own heart. I HATE ferris wheels!

I was laughing out loud at your sweating bullets comment. We went to Disneyland last week and that's how I felt! There was a perpetual river of sweat running down my back...(how's that for a gruesome visual?)