I got inspired by this blog today: Sherbetblossom She's a girl that used to be on my Scentsy team and I follow her blog when I have a moment. I had no idea the effect of reading all of her PROJECT ORGANIZE posts would have on me but I promptly got off my bum and went (actually snuck) into my kids playroom today and de-junked. That is never something I can do with the kids around because they watch every move I make, and quiz me about every single thing I am throwing away.
**
At one point, Kaitlin did come down the stairs and saw the 2 big bags. She was instantly suspicious. She went to the first big black garbage bag which was all stuff I was going to put in the storage room and then secretly sell while my kids are in school, so I was safe by telling her I wasn't throwing it away. She put everything back that she had started pulling out. The 2nd bag was the garbage bag but I hurried and closed it so she couldn't see inside and I didn't lie, I did tell her it was junk but for some reason, she didn't inquite any further. She proceeded to play and then I would throw things away when she wasn't looking. That was this afternoon, and I hauled a huge big black garbage back out to the garbage can and threw the first one away. Felt good!
**
After we got home from dinner and got the kids into bed, I went back into the playroom with another big black garbage bag to finish the job. I continued along the perimeter of the room throwing odds and ends away, broken toys, McDonalds toys, anything that was beat up and ready to be done with. Then came Jackson, again, quizzing me about what I was doing. He is older and wiser and he was convinced I was throwing his Bakugaan away. Which I wasn't... but I have been thinking about selling it because he never plays with it anymore. Sensing that something was up, he proceeded to sit at the kids table and play with it all for about 30 minutes. He made me promise I wouldn't throw it away. Done deal. (I wouldn't have throwin it away anyway, I would sell it!!) I had Brian run up to the store and buy 3 more big drawer type storage bins (we already have 1 set) but now Carli has her own drawer, Kaitlin has a drawer for all her dress ups and jewelry and bags (she already has more purses and bags and high heels than I do!), and a drawer for all her My Little Ponies and Barbies. She got a huge collection of My Little Ponies from her cousin, Hannah a few weeks ago. She is set for life!
**
And I just threw away a 2nd garbage bag filled with junk. I had to drag both bags up the stairs, outside, and into the trash. Feels AWESOME!
**
After my kids back into school, I am going to post pics on KSL and sneakily sell a few things. *Like all of Carli's toys that are great for babies pre-1 yrs old.
* would LOVE to sell Logan's dinosaur collection - that is a garbage bag in and of itself but I don't know if he's ready to part with it quite yet. Though he hasn't played with any of it for ages. (and I'm editing to add that he told me today that he didn't mind if we sold it!)
*Jackson's Baakugan collection
*3) wiggle bikes
**
Wish me luck.. it's hard to part with toys but seriously, one can only have so many before you realize that you have WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! When we decide to buy our dream house, we are going to have to get a dumpster for the driveway to get rid of all the stuff we have. Insanity!
**oh, and do your kids ever tell you that they have nothing to play with? That's the kicker for me. Alllll of the toys they have, and they manage to cough up, "I'm bored!" or "We have nothing to play with!" I know I'm not the only one who hears that from their kids, right?
Labor Day Weekend Stuff
5 days ago


3 comments:
So funny! I came home last night and did the same thing after church. I figure I'll donate most of it to DI. Just not the really good stuff that still in great condition. Let me know how you do on KSL.
Oh, if I had a quarter for every time I heard "I'm bored", I could retire. And I only have 1 kid big enough to say it! I might be interested in some of Logan's dinosaur collection... turns out my bored kid is also a budding paleontologist.
I've sold tons of stuff on KSL and always done pretty well. Ya can't ask for the world but it's better than nothing! ;) Last summer when brian was unemployed, we sold lots of odds and ends and made $350 which was our money for extra things so we didn't all feel deprived all summer long. It was great!
Post a Comment