Monday, August 30, 2010

mirror, mirror on the wall...

I have been getting inspiration from one of my blogging buddies who moved to Virginia with her family. She is doing some of the cutest things with her new house, so I decided it is TIME to FINISH our half remodeled house! They are doing it for cheap, and it looks awesome. We can too! I started with the kitchen. I took down a wood garland I've had up for forever, as well as a country looking framed stitchery. I went over to Hobby Lobby and found this awesome mirror for $35. I've never bought a mirror before, but it was originally $99 so I thought that sounded like a good price! It is a little warped but you can't really tell and for $35, I'll take it! The only thing left now is the blinds. The paper blinds HAVE to go... soon! (as well as the highchair)
I also decided to take the middle leaf out of my table. It is a huge square table which we love, but I was ready for a change. This table is even cooler than we thought. The middle part actually folds down into the table, so we don't have to store it anywhere. So cool! Brian was under the table trying to figure out how to get it out, and I was on top and already had it folded down into the table before he could figure it out. Aha, I finally figured something out first! ;)

Love this picture my dad took and framed years ago of the Golden Gate Bridge.
The $35 mirror (is that a good price?)
I think overall, this part of the kitchen looks much better! More updates on the rest of the house, to come!

5 comments:

Erika said...

I love it Jen! So glad I could send a little inspiration your way.

hughes family said...

your kitchen looks great jen!! i can't wait to see your other improvements. you are so creative! and yes, that is a GREAT price for that size of a mirror!!! at least from what i've seen... and i LOVE your table!!

Rachel said...

good work! where do you get your inspiration? i could use a little myself! i'm particularly impressed with that mirror find - way to go!

btw, for new window coverings, watch for sales at jcpenney over the next month or so. you can get stuff for 75% off or more.

Jen Howick said...

this is my current inspiration:
look at the A family on the side of my blog under friends.

I have a few blogs I look at, but since I know this family and I am watching their awesome transformation of their house, it just keeps me more and more inspired!

Anonymous said...

Love the entire kitchen. Very classy! We have the same mirror, or so it looks, just in a gold tone.