Thursday, August 5, 2010

Convention, day 3

This is about how day 3 went. Total zombies. Steph, bless her heart, is 8 months pregnant and the Denver convention center is HUGE!!!! We had to walk all over the place to get to see everything, to shop at the store, to do the general sessions, even just to go to the bathroom! and remember our limited sleep... so by the time we hit one of the classes, well, her expression says it all!
I met up with my good friend, Christi. She lives in CA and she is one of my directors. I've become really good friends with her, via phone, so we tried to see each other whenever possible at convention, but it's tough, because we both have our own teams to be with. On her way home with her husband, daughter, and a friend of theirs, they stopped at our house and stayed over night. That was nice of them to make that effort.
One of Scentsy's new products - Scentsy Buddies. (very enlarged size).
We went to the Cheesecake Factory before the Awards Ceremony. All of us the hotel-roomies, minus our friend Jenn. She wasn't feeling well so she stayed back at the hotel.
The whole time we are at convention, we wear these badges with our names and then ribbons attached representing things our accomplishments. One of mine said, "Annual Mentor." When I looked on the packed of info I got when I registered, it said, "Award: N" - so I did not have to get up on stage at the awards ceremony. PHEW! Well, that night, Orville said, "If you have an Annual Mentor ribbon, please come up to the stage." Total panick. I turned around to Christi and told her about the "Award: N" and she said that meant that I wasn't bringing a guest to the awards ceremony but that I did need to get up on stage. AAAAGHHH! To say I was nervous was an understatement. My palms instantly started sweating. I walked up and sure enough, my name flashed on the screen. I had to say my name and where I am from in front of 6500 people! It was SO SCARY! But I survived and luckily Kara was up there too standing right behind me. That comforted me a lot. Though I was scared and nervous, I was very proud of myself too. To qualify for the Annual Sales Mentor award, you have to recruit 20 or more people in 1 year. I recruited 21. I got $525 and these awesome awards and I am proud of. Scentsy treats their people right! My sister in law also got the mentor award, and my friend Christi got the Annual Sales award. And my cute hotel roomie, Sara got the Scentsational Start level 3 award - which means she sold $5000 worth of Scentsy products in 70 days. Amazing!
Middle left is me on stage, scared out of my wits! Apparently I yelled Jen Howick from Salt Lake City, UT, WOOHOO!" and apparently everyone cheered back at me, but up on stage, I couldn't hear anything. Though it was cool to see how the teleprompters work and stuff!

The awards ceremony ended at 11pm. We went back to our hotel room and packed up. We slept for 0-1 hours, got up at 3am, picked up our shuttle, got to the airport 2 1/2 hours early (thanks shuttle service, not!) finally boarded our plane at 7:30am, and I think Steph, Sara, and I were asleep before the plane even finished boarding! We got home at 9am, and I slept basically all day long Saturday, Sunday, and cat napped Monday. Finally am feeling back to my normal self. Super duper fun trip with freaking awesome friends! Can't wait for next year in Ft. Worth, Texas!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a totally mortifying picture!!! :p I was actually 31.5 weeks pregnant so is that almost 8 months? Anyway that picture is the ugliest one of me that anyone could ever dig up and you were kind enough to post it. :) ha ha I love that it looks like I have 6 chins. LOL!!!! Oh well, at least I can laugh at it and say that it was true, I was a zombie and ridiculously tired! Thanks for posting such a horrific picture! :) HE HE Love ya!!!

Jen Howick said...

there, I changed it - I don't know why I had 6 months in my mind. But I know you are almost done! whew! And secondly, don't you hate it when awful pics get posted? I hate it when people do that to me. However, I don't think you have 6 chins and we already squared away that you are ok with me leaving it up and you reserve the right to post a mortifying pic of me!