Monday, August 25, 2008

When life hands you a bowl of lemons...

...suck on them! We got the news today that Brian needs surgery this Thursday on his achellius tendon. He had an unfortunate incident last Wednesday playing church basketball with some youth in our neighborhood. One of the other leaders was joking around and accidentally stepped on the back of Brian's leg. He went to the ER the next morning and they put him in a soft cast and told him to meet with the Orthepedic dept this morning. They told him he needs surgery, he will be in a cast for 2 months and then a soft cast for another month after that. I will be 6 months pregnant by the time he is done with all of this!!!

It sucks for him, I know he is bummed. Keep us in your thoughts. Luckily, my morning sickness seems to be subsiding a tiny bit, enough that I can do the things I need to do each day. I still feel nauseas but not so bad that I can't get out of bed anymore. Hopefully it won't come back full force anymore. And if it does, give me the strength to take care of my family!

So that's our news of the week. On a funny note, Jackson, who always wants to be just like daddy, is now wearing an ace bandage on his leg. Brian is in a big walking cast right now, until his surgery, which Jackson would love to have as well, but for now an ace bandage will have to do! They are a good team.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry that he has to have that done and that you are sicker than a dog. :( Last night I was trying to think of what helped my morning sickness with Emmie. I realized that I ate a lot of oranges and some grapefruit. Also when it was lunchtime and I was so hungry that I was nauseous, I'd slice up and apple and have peanut butter on it. It was a quick snack while I was fixing the kids lunch and then I made myself something. I also noticed that my morning sickness got worse at night when I was tired. I hope this helps; I'll be thinking of some more ideas...

Liz said...

Oh man, so sorry to hear about Brian... Good luck with surgery! CONGRATS on the Preganancy!!! Yeah! hope you are feeling well. Liz

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations.

Randi said...

Ok, so I'd go throw some lemons at the lovely person who so hillariously stepped on my husbands leg! Uh, Hello?! But really, that truly does suck, sorry. And I'm glad you are up to a functioning level. So how far along are you anyway?

hughes family said...

jen, i'm so sorry to hear about brian! that's awful! my dad had to have surgery on his achilles tendon many, many years ago, remember that? i'm so sorry you all have to go through this! hang in there, i'm glad that your am sickness is easing up!! you'll all be in our thoughts and prayers! love, meg

Jen Howick said...

btw, does anybody know how to delete comments? i have no idea who david santos is!

Anonymous said...

I hope its an easy and somewhat quicker healing process for Brian. Best wishes on his recovery. Can he drive or will you have to do the chauffering ( spelling in question)?

Kim said...

Oh Jen! Could it be worse timing or what! You sound like my friend Darla. Same thing happened to her. She was preggo w/ a hubby who fell off of a horse and broke his ankle! So maybe that will make you feel better to know that she made it through. If not..I'm thinking of you and hope you start feeling like a normal person again soon. And that totally sucks that you can't stand the smell of your scentsy stuff! I remember the feeling well. Good luck w/ everything!

Julie said...

I finally just read this post. I don't know why i didn't see it before. I had no idea he needed surgery. not like i'd be much help. but soon.

You can delete comments, by hitting the little trash can below the comment by the date. I had a pot smoking teenager comment on mine. it was a little odd.