Wednesday, August 20, 2008

bleh!

We just got home this morning, from a really fun time at Bear Lake for the last 3 days. I have so many awesome pictures but I have to be honest, I feel really bleh... because #4 is on it's way!!! I'm not very far along but I'm sicker than a dog, mostly in the afternoons. I'm thinking it's because of my pre-natal pills, though who really knows but that's what I seem to pinpointing it too. I'm about to drop-kick those out the door! So pics will be coming soon from our awesome Bear Lake trip but not tonight.

ps - if anyone has any tips on avoiding this horrid "morning sickness" or what to do to help it pass, let me know! i'm all ears!

17 comments:

Elicia said...

Jody "might" have let this slip out to me today so I am glad you announced it so I could offically congratulate you! I am so happy for you guys - I think you've done fabulous with spacing this last two kids! j/k hahaha ;)
Sorry you're feeling sick though - I hope it passes soon!

Jen Howick said...

well, it's in no way a secret. At first, I told Brian - lets not tell anyone! but then the more I thought about it, I figured - what's the point? I've never been good at keeping my pregnancies a secret, so why start now - on the last one? Anyway, thanks Elicia!

Randi said...

First off...WOW! Congrats! And second being that I have a lot of experience with morning sickness here are a few suggestions. Try taking your prenatal at night. That always helped me. I could barely choke them down but it seemed better when I took them at night then went to bed and slept thru the bleck. Also, check with your Dr. first, but my OB recommended a half a Unisom at night to help with the nausea as well. It won't hurt the baby. As for getting thru the day, you just have to do it. No way around it. Try and stay hydrated and nibble on bland things so as not to let your stomach get empty-that seems to make the nausea worse. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Congrats!! I wish I knew a cure for the blechs...that would have been nice about 8 months ago. Definitely talk to your OB and see if they can give you something. I tried chewing gum, sucking on hard candies, drinking lemonade (that was the only thing that sounded good too). Nothing worked very well though. Of course later I learned that had I called earlier, the dr could have helped me. Good luck! I'm so excited for you!

Emily said...

Congrats! What wonderful news. I am excited for you. Meat made me sick...and hot showers in the morning. Maybe its something your eating. Just take it nice and slow. I know you have 3 kids, but try to stay off your feet. If you need help with your kids, let me know!

Emily said...

p.s. If the doctor can give you anything, then by-gally take it! I didn't know that you could take anything untill I read the coments on this post!

Stephanie said...

WOOHOO!! Congrats Jen! :D I'm excited for you!!
My pregnancy with Sebastian was a cakewalk but with Peyton I had yucky morning sickness all day long! For me I had to nibble on saltine crackers (nibble being the operative word) and drink Sprite or 7-up. Then I just waited till it passed. I have nothing too creative to share, sorry!! Hopefully you'll find something that makes you feel better though!
**hugs**

jodster613 said...

i have a solution for your sickness, no more babies! that worked for me, hehehe!

Julie said...

Congrats! I will think of what works in the sickness dept. but nothing worked for me. you went o natural, right? I strongly recommend you read the hypnobirthing book, the mongan method I think it is. Night and day difference between Mason & Ander. I hardly felt a thing with Ander. The nurse thought I was sleeping through it all. Good luck. and happy baby sickness and all.

Anonymous said...

congratulations Jen! You are so brave to go onto number four already! I can't even get myself to try the number three yet! Sorry about the morning sickness, I was on Progesterone with Ella and I never once got morning sickness, don't know if it was because of that or because she was a girl. Anyways, have fun and good luck! Jenn

Kim said...

yuck! I felt so awful with Walker and Meg. Not quite as bad with Walker, I could actually function. But with Meg I felt like I had the flu for 3 months. What I ate was sunflower seeds. So weird, but it helped just to have something in my mouth. I hope it passes quick! And Congrats. I'm trying to work my way up to #3, but it's not sounding too great yet. Walker's first day of school was great. It was fun to listen to him talk about eating lunch at the lunch table w/ out his teacher. He is NOT big enough to do that!

Us Lochers said...

My sister in law has gotten extremely sick with all her pregnancies... she's nearing the end of #5. ANYWAY, on this last one she switched from taking a prenatal to a flintstone vitamin or something and said it made a world of difference. Check Jayne's blog... it's somewhere in there.

Now for me... I am nauseated for about 5 solid months day and night. The only thing that helped was to be constantly eating. Hence the reason I gained 60 pounds with Aubrey.

hughes family said...

WOW! JEN!! congratulations!!! i'm sorry you are feeling yucky though! hard to celebrate when you are so sick! i agree, take your prenat at night. if its still really bad, ask you doc for an alternative (with eva i just took a little 'one-a-day' that still had all the 'good stuff' but wasn't quite so heavy duty). you can also take meds for the nausea. i think when you have 3 other kids to manage you HAVE to be able to function!
Congrats again, this is exciting news! 4 is FUN!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I took kids chewable vitamins too w/Mikayla usually around or just after dinner, or just 1/2 of the adult prenatals,and ate a balanced diet regularly-like every hour or two. Those things helped but didn't cure the 7-8 months of morning sickness. I always felt better outdoors or in places w/fresh air. Shower-time was the worst. Good luck...you'll get thru this, you did 3 oother times before!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bleh. I feel for ya.

Glad you had fun in Bear Lake. We just got back last week. It's perfect weather right now. We picked a good time to go!

Randi said...

I just had a thought...maybe you are so sick because you are having TWINS???? That would be awesome...are you ready to drop-kick me now?

liz said...

Well it's a good thing I scrolled down, because this important news had gotten buried beneath tons of pictures by the time I got around to checking your blog! Congratulations! I was just thinking that I might be the lone pregnant woman in the ward (since all the other pregos are about to deliver) -- I should've known better. Sorry you're so sick. If you really think the vitamin is making it worse, there are other ones they can give you. I'm finally feeling better (at 18 weeks), and hope your blehs won't last too long....