Saturday, March 20, 2010

before and after

i uploaded everything correctly except i did these cabinet pictures backwards. oh well. So here are the after pics of the cabinets... so far. I am still working on them, like the old brown cabinets on the sides, and basically the rest of the kitchen. It's quite the process but we are getting there.
I replaced all of the knobs but I spray painted the hinges silver (they were gold). Do you know how expensive hinges are? About $2 PER HINGE. Ridiculous!

before - nice and brown cabinets with white linoleum

nice new brown floor, and great - they match the cabinets! (ok, now time to paint the cabinets!)

the molding is next - for the kitchen and bathroom. We are just picking out what we want to use and that should go in next week.
paint job on the vents - again, ugly old brown vents turned pretty with silver spraypaint!

before- living room

before- family room

after - living room
after - family room
before - bathroom (hadn't decorated yet)


after - bathroom. i LOVE brown and red together!
after - bathroom (again, will be adding the moulding (base boards) this week. check out that cute Scentsy plugin - love the new line of them! ;)
things are definitely improved! yahoo!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Everything looks so good Jen. Good work! I don't think theres anything much better than new carpet. Makes you feel like you live in a new house for a little while. I love your cabinets too. Isn't spray paint the best?!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a brand new house! I admire your skills! Love the bathroom, the wood floors, the white cabinets! Very modern!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Looks awesome, Jen! Your hard work has definitely paid off.

Us Lochers said...

painting our cabinets at the duplex made such a huge difference. It's amazing what a little paint can do to a place!

Alicia said...

Wow Jen, that looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person. I better order some more scentsy so I have an excuse to come over.

Stephanie said...

Jen, everything looks so AWESOME!!! You guys have done an awesome job and I can't wait to come see it in person! Congrats!!!