I feel like I've been a little MIA lately. I have lots of pictures to post, but honestly, it's such a long process that I put it off for as long as possible everytime.. until I have so much to post that I just finally take a couple of hours and get it done. I'm almost there! I just have to take some "after" photo's of all of the updating we have FINALLY done in our house.
Brian got "the bug" a couple of weeks ago and layed hardwood floors in our kitchen. Home Depot said it would take 4 hours.. try 40 hours! But it's bee-utiful and we love it. But then with sudden brown floors, our kitchen was very brown.
So, I quizzed a couple of my friends about how they painted their kitchen cabinets, and armed with pictures, instructions, paint, primer, etc... I finally have painted our kitchen! I'm still in process but it looks SO MUCH BETTER. Welcome to the 2000's, goodbye, 1960's!
And to finish it all off, we finally got new carpet in our living room and family room. That was the TRUE 1960's left in our house. It looks SO NICE!
We feel like we are living in a brand new house! Now we just need a new living room couch and kitchen table, and this will hold me over for another couple of years until we decide what are we going to do with this house (bulldoze this one or build somewhere else).
Pics coming soon... promise!
Labor Day Weekend Stuff
5 days ago


4 comments:
Isn't it amazing what a little paint etc. can do? I can't wait to see the results of all your hard work!
Hooray for makeovers! I can't wait to see the pictures. How fun!
Can't wait to see pictures!! We are doing a full upadate on ours this fall, too! Also laying wood floors, new carpet throughout, countertops...the list goes on. But it is much needed. Then we might just sell this puppy! (if the market turns around). Can't wait to see pictures!
you know I'm dying to see it! See you tomorrow :)
Post a Comment