Thursday, March 25, 2010

cousin bonding

we had the super fun chance of playing with cousins that we haven't seen in years. I was raised with my cousins - they lived 10 minutes away and we saw them all the time. Not only for every holiday and birthday, but just to get together and play, on a weekly basis - if not more often. I found that it was rare to be that close to cousins, it seemed like no one else saw their cousins nearly as often as I did. I only live near a couple of cousins now and we love to get together. One of our other cousins that moved away, came to Utah for a visit and we all got together last night. My kids and her kids had never met but I always knew they would have so much fun together when they did. And I was right. They played like they had known each other their whole lives. It was a blast! The above picture is Logan, Kaitlin, and Isa.

Maya and Megan

Mimi to my kids, Aunt Carly (yes, my Carli was named after her) to the rest of the family, brought these darling easter egg sugar cookies for the kids. a hit!
Carli sits like this all the time... so funny.

all of the cousins together

all of the parents and grandparents of those kids!
Jackson and his 2 cousins
Grandpa holding Carli and Maya
Elsie
Carli was swinging Maya and getting the biggest kick out of it! Maya was ok with it until Carli started getting into her carrier.
Jones giving Carli loves
It was a special evening. Looking forward to our Hawaii reunion next summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG look at all those cute cousins together! I remember all of you hanging out together when you were kids Jenny. Heck, I even hung out with you guys from time to time. That's so great that you got the next generation together! Treasured times!

ZKC said...

What fun pics Jen! Yes, lets do a hawaii reunion for SURE. I love Carli's dimple, that is too precious.