Thursday, March 25, 2010

chalkboard on the wall

I bought this chalkboard vinyl a while back and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it but then I thought that maybe I could just put it right onto the wall. So I cut one strip into 3 parts, rounded the corners, and stuck it right onto the wall. My kids have their own chalkboard and they are thrilled! We played school instantly, all 3 of them were teachers and I was their only student! ;) The greatest part is that I can just pull them off when they are done and it doesn't pull off the paint or anything. Easy peasy. Cost $2.65



6 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I really like this idea. hmmmm... maybe when my basement is finished.

Anonymous said...

I want two of those! Since my kids mark up the walls with markers anyway, I might as well give them the green light to write on something that is supposed be used for that purpose!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get this vinyl?

Jen Howick said...

I can get it for you, Michelle. I'll send it with your next package. So those 3 squares is 1 long sheet that I cut into 12x12 squares. Do you want 1 sheet or 2 sheets? There is a vinyl store near my house that I get it from.

Alicia said...

Those are so cute!

Anonymous said...

A vinyl store...really? I never knew they existed. Well, if you are able to get me a couple sheets, that'd be so great! I might put them up in our den/playroom or the kids room! Thanks Jen!