Saturday, May 16, 2009

A new meaning

I've learned a whole new meaning to being "nickled and dimed." I placed a Scentsy order the other day and I was sending a bar to a gal in Texas. Well, when I filled out her address, I sent it to Missouri (she's a regular reader of my blog so she's going to recognize herself!) After I submitted the order, I realized I forgot to check with her to see where she was living. So I called Scentsy and had them change her address from Missouri to Texas. Well then she emailed me and said she wanted a different bar so I called them back to change the bar. The Customer Service rep said, "There is a 5 cent difference since you changed the address so I need to charge your credit card." WHAAAT??? So she asked me which card she wanted me to have her put it on. 5 cents!!!

About 5 minutes later, the phone rings and it's Scentsy. That same girl is on the line and she told me that my card declined! HOLY COW! I had lost my debit card a while back and closed that card and had a new one sent so I think she had used that old card. So I had to give her a whole new card for 5 CENTS!!!!! She said, "ok, it's processing now and it's gone through."

I felt like saying, "How about if I find you at convention and give you a nickel and you can give it to Orville?" (the owner of Scentsy). I didn't but man, I was seriously annoyed and laughing all at the same time.

How stupid is that? 5 freaking cents!!!!

5 comments:

Randi said...

If it was placed on a credit card, just think of the finance charge you will be paying on that 5 cents! Crazy world we live in! I've learned that if you throw enough of a fit, most places will back off. Sometimes, it's not worth it, tho.

Alicia said...

That is absolutely silly!!

Anonymous said...

LAME!!! Orville can't even buy himself a piece of bubble gum from a candy machine or anything for that matter on a nickel. I'd find that utterly frustrating!

Controlling My Chaos said...

That is so incredibly ridiculous. I can't even believe they would do something so petty.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh... I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry!! :( I'll add more to my order when I place another order to make up the problem!! LOL :) BTW.. it arrived & I think it's my most favorite scent so far!