Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Hike

On Memorial Day, Brian had to work so Jody and I decided to gather up all of our kids and go on a hike. We took the kids to a trail at the bottom of Little Cottonwood Canyon. If we had followed it all the way up, it would have taken us up 5 miles. However, with several little kids, we didn't get that far. But we did go quite a ways and the kids loved it. Clever Jody thought to get the kids butterfly nets and then we brought their binoculars and things like that for them. They loved it!
We found this big boulder-y area to stop at and eat lunch and let the kids climb around.



The whole clan...

5 comments:

Kim said...

That looks like lots of fun! I think you might just be one of the most fun moms I know. You are so good at keeping your kids entertained and having fun with them!

Anonymous said...

What a cool thing to do and what a gorgeous place!!! What a great workout too!

We went to the Japanese Friendship Gardens and to our first San Jose Giants baseball game with the kids!

Alicia said...

Way to go Jen!! Four kids, one so little, on a hike by yourself. You are awesome.

jodster613 said...

It's so fun to get our big clan together again!!

Randi said...

I love those kind of things. We're preparing to tackle the Y with the kiddos this summer!