Today has been one of those days... a good day that has taken me by complete surprise. I knew what we had to do today: Brian needed to take Jackson to his soccer game, and my mom was going to babysit while I sat outside my house with Kara selling Scentsy. It went nothing like I expected.
Kara and I sat outside for an hour and nobody stopped by, I was starting to feel like it was going to be a terrible embarassment. So, my mom came outside and pretended like she was shopping at our booth. She was the lucky charm we needed. All of the sudden, everyone showed up. Phew! So that turned out pretty good. Inside, my mom was busily doing all my dishes which I have struggled keeping up on this week. I was SO grateful to come inside and see all my dishes done with a clean sink to boot! She is the greatest mom, ever. I hope I can be half the mom to my kids, that she has been to me.
While we were doing that, an awesome family from my neighborhood called Brian and said that their 2 teenage girls wanted to come over and babysit for us this afternoon for free while Brian and I went and did something. Wow. That doesn't happen everyday! So they arrived at 4:30 to babysit with a gift certificate to the Citrus Grill (a yummy restaurant nearby). Holy cow.
However, before we left for the movie, one of my other neighbors stopped by and gave me the cutest little dress for Carli. She will wear it tomorrow. I'll post pictures. It's super cute. Of course, we sat and chatted for forever. I could talk to her all day. Great and fun friend.
We took off and saw Xmen - really good movie! Then we ran up to Citrus Grill and got takeout. I didn't check my order, no need to, right? We got home and realized we got the wrong order. Dangit! Brian called up to Citrus Grill and they told Brian they would bring the right order to our house... Brian told them that we could come get it but they insisted on bringing it to us. And of course, they told us to keep the wrong order too, so we ended up with 2 extra meals that we didn't order!
While we were eating dinner, the kids were eating chocolate donuts that appeared from somewhere while we were gone... I called the babysitters back and they told us they were from another family in our neighborhood that stopped by while we were at the movie. Also, a bouquet of flowers was delivered to my house while at the movie too from a family member for Mothers Day. Wow!
Don't worry, there's more. Another knock came at the door very soon after, and it was yet another family from our neighborhood that is sadly moving away next week. They had a car full of food and other miscellaneous things that they wanted to know if we could use. That was the idea of the husband - to stop by our place first which was really sweet. We will definitely miss that family a lot. They are amazing and fun people.
When we got back inside, my boys surprised me with their Mothers Day cards they made for me at school. My mom used to tell me when I was younger that a card was the best gift she could receive for her birthday and Mothers Day. I couldn't figure out why she would say such a thing but now that I am at that stage, I couldn't agree more!!! I love their works of art and it warms my heart through and through. Brian stained our awesome swingset for his Mothers day gift to me. It looks amazing. It was a job I was supposed to do but he surprised me and did for me. It's up there with one of my friends' Mothers Day gifts that she got - a wheelbarrow! haha.. but she said she loves it and it's just what she wanted! ;)
We live in such an amazing neighborhood. The generosities of the people here is unbeatable. We think of moving at times, and then days like this happen, and we can't imagine being anywhere else. I don't know where we'll end up someday, but I know, nothing will ever beat the friendships we have made in this neighborhood. The crazy thing is, these sorts of days happen allllll the time to us. December was an especially humbling month for us. We received several random cards with donations and food etc... than we ever could have imagined. Several times, there would be a knock on the door, with no one there when I opened it, but a card on the ground or a box of food or whatever. After Carli was born, we had so many meals brought in from our friends. My mother-in-law that stayed with us for a week, was just in shock everyday at the love and support we received. She said she had never seen anything like it. Neither have I. I hope we can be as giving and loving to other people as everyone has been to us. Incredible. We thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts. I hope someday, we can return the favor. Someday soon, we will "pass it on!" You all have touched us more than you will ever know.
Back Home to Utah
22 hours ago


4 comments:
What an awesome day! I'm ready to move next door!! Seriously, that is unheard of. You have a very supportive group of families around.
Happy Mother's Day Jenny!
Wow. I'm glad that everyone up there is taking care of you guys! Happy Mothers day!! luv ya
Wow, maybe you should go out and play the lottery.
That sounds amazing!! What a great day. You do live by amazing people.
Post a Comment