Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day #1

The boys made pilgrim hats at school so here they are posing with their hats!


Kaitlin felt left out because she didn't get one so good ol' daddy made her one of her one! Hers is so tall, she kinda looks like Abe Lincoln in a top hat but cute nonetheless... and she was very pleased!
Our big Thanksgiving dinner with the Howicks is always on Friday. But since my parents were out of town, we invited Grandma and Grandpa Howick (brian's parents) over for a smaller meal on Thursday. I took lots of cooking notes of how to prepare the turkey and make all of the sides. It was fun!
Kaitlin and I set the tables - she did the kids table, I did the adults table. She was SO proud of herself!
We added a turkey decoration to her table...
The adult table is nothing to write home about (not compared to some of the tables I've seen but it was simple and to the point anyway!) And the decorations were courtesy of my kids!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like lots of fun! Don't you love this time of year? I think I still love it as much as I did when I was a kid. Except I get a little more sleep Christmas Eve.

Alicia said...

You are brave. Fixing Thanksgiving while pregnant. That seems like a lot of tiring work.

Kim said...

Alex wasn't that old, he was about 8. But he had a stroke a while ago and never knew what was wrong. We knew there was something wrong because he didn't act like himself and he had a huge dent in one side of his head, but he acted better after a while. But a couple of days ago he started stumbling and falling over and yesterday he couldn't even stand up. we had the vet come and I guess he'd had a bunch of strokes...poor guy. so we had to put him down.