Unfortunately, I tested positive for Gestational Diabetes yesterday... it's no shock, I've had it with all 4 of my kids. But sadly, Dr Robinson had me test WAY early for it. Normally, I test at 32 weeks. She tested me for it yesterday at 17 weeks. So, I won't be able to get through Thanksgiving and Christmas without being super duper careful. Sigh! The BIGGEST drawback of being pregnant. Oh well, at least I know this is the last time! ;) Oh, and the reason I mentioned this on this post is because the meal like that one above... we'll be eating A LOT of that over the next 23 weeks! But if anyone wants to visit me at the hospital after the baby is born, or even at my house, bring me tons of candy, ice cream, soda etc... I'll be READY for some by then!
Back Home to Utah
22 hours ago


3 comments:
Oh, I am sorry - I was hoping you'd be off the hook with this last pregnancy and could eat whatever you wanted. But I guess a special diet isn't the worst thing that could happen and it is all for a good cause. :) I will remember to add candy to your baby gift!
I am so sad for you.... I'd offer to abstain from sugar during the holidays to support you but it turns out I'm just not that great of a friend. :)
haha - Rachel, you're awesome! Thanks for your un-support - it means so much!
Post a Comment