I mentioned in one of my posts about the "Pig to Twig" book I've been using to help me in my quest to feel better about myself. I've had several people ask me what the name of the book is, so I thought I would tell everyone about it. I don't talk about how I feel about my body much except with the poor same few people over and over. But on one lowly night a few weeks ago, Brian and I got a babsysitter and decided to go summer clothes shopping. I was so excited... until I found myself in the dressing room at Old Navy in tears because I couldn't fit into the size that I wanted to be. So sweet Brian bought me a few things the size that I was at the time and we decided to go to Barnes and Noble instead of clothes shopping. I went strait over to the self help / diet section and this book caught my eye. These ladies are from England so it's that hillarious Brittish humor. I couldn't put it down - super funny girls who were just like me - had little kids and loved to eat! So I immediately decided to turn over a new leaf and in 2 weeks, I lost 9 lbs and 2 sizes! And I didn't starve myself, eat unhealthily, none of that. In fact, I ate and ate and ate. Normal foods - foods that I know what the ingredients are! A lot of times in recipies, I've never even heard of the ingredients before! So while I am not following the book to a T like I did the first 2 weeks, I am still losing weight, still in my comfortable size that I wanted to be and feeling so much better about myself! I'm not sure that anybody else can really tell but I can tell that I look a lot better and more importantly I FEEL SO MUCH better! And sadly, those 2 cute pair of shorts that Brian bought me at Old Navy that night don't fit anymore. It's bitterwsweet - I wish they fit cuz they are so cute but hooray for me for losing those 2 sizes and keeping it off for the last couple of months and counting! So that is what the book looks like and this really WORKS. And it's for life, not just something you do for a few days. These gals (the authors) kept it off for 3 years and counting. They went from a size 20 to a 12. Nice! 
The other thing that I am doing is a drink called "Sxinney" introduced to me by my great friend and neighbor, Julie. I know there are tons of these types of things on the market but I TRUST Julie's opinion. She's very knowledgeable about this type of thing and she is way excited about it, so if she thinks there is something to it, then I am willing to bet that there is! It's a new drink on the market started by a group locally. The drink is actually pretty good, it's very minty. My kids even like the flavor of it. The reason I like this stuff is because I can eat WHATEVER I want but still stay the same weight. I'm sure healthy people are gonna snub their noses at me because for a week or two I do my "pig to twig" way of eating, then when I am sick of that, I grab my Sxinney drink and drink it for a week while I indulge! But I noticed this morning that I've lost more weight, so snub me all you want, but this is working for me! I am not quite as dedicated as a lot of "Sxinney" people are but I drink it on the side and I feel like it's been helping me as well. Each bottle is $75 but because I am not a regular drinker of it, I think I will have this bottle for a reallllly long time. And besides, we traded Sxinney stuff for Scentsy stuff so that worked out great for me! ;) Thanks Jul!


5 comments:
hmmm...I will have to look into that book!!
Ok, can I trade services for that drink? Anyone need speech therapy services??
Good for you for losing weight. I need to get on that band-wagon, since I've been gaining non-stop for the last few months.
Good job Jen!
Yah....a 5 week vacation to my Mom's had me gaining weight instead of losing it. :o( Had I gone anywhere else for 5 weeks I could have maintained the weight i was. :o( Oh well. But huge, huge, HUGE kudos to you Jen for losing weight! It's an awesome feeling and I'm so proud of you!! HOORAY!!!!!
I am glad that you shared. I am going to Lake Powell with my super skinny marathon running sister-in-law. So I need that book! Mandy
Post a Comment