Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UPDATES!

Ok, I just posted a whole poopload of pictures... and why the occasion you ask? Because, yes, I am feeling better. I finally hunkered down (good word usage, huh?) and bought what my dr recommended - Unisom and B6 and have been taking those at night, and suprisingly (or not!), I don't feel nearly as sick anymore. I also bought some lemon drop candies and anytime I start feeling it come on, I hurry and suck on some and it's totally helped as well! So, after 4 weeks of nausea, I can say that I have 2 really really good days... lets hope it continues! I also got my prenatals changed to the ones I took with the other 3 pregnancies - and they never made me sick - and they aren't making me sick now.

Brian is feeling good, sadly though, he got layed off from his job last Monday. So ya know, when it rains, it sure does pour! But his work gave him a severance package and 3 months of Cobra so here's to hoping he can find something before that all runs out!!! If anyone has any leads, please let us know!!!!

Otherwise, his leg is feeling better. The nurse read him the medical notes from the surgeon at his last appt and the surgeon wrote that his achellius tendon rupture looked like "mop ends." That's how blown out it was. But he's in his cast for a couple of more weeks and then goes back to the grey boot.

Brian, bless his heart, managed to watch all 3 kids by himself last night while I went to a movie and dinner with Elicia and Jody. It was nice to get out, and then I will have another fun girls night out this Friday night with Jody and Steph and a few others, scrapbooking. So bless that man's heart - he's on crutches and in a cast and he is managing to take care of 3 little ones so I can get out and have some girl time. He's always been really good about watching the kids so I can do stuff, but I'd imagine it's a little overwhelming when you're on crutches. So I appreciate his kind heart... always.

And that's the latest from us! Things are on the up and up, hopefully! The duedate is April 13th, but I have 2 ultrasounds in 2 weeks (one is from my dr's office and the other is a preterm labor study I am participating in - I always get to do those because of Logan's early birth - and I get 3 more free ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy), so I will get a for sure due date at the u/s. I am 10.5 weeks along but I swear, I feel like I should be at least 20 weeks along so far! (I wish!!!!)

7 comments:

Us Lochers said...

YIPEE! Glad you're starting to feel better. That's always a nce turning point in the pregnancy.

When you go to your ultrasound... it's going to be twins...

Anonymous said...

Twins.. oh that is just mean! Or do you want twins Jen? I'm glad you are feeling better as well. And I echo your sentiment on how great blogs are to keep in touch. I love to see what you guys are up too and then sigh that we can't be there in that great neighborhood with everyone. Darn those Clarks for moving and kicking us out!!!
Jenn

Kelly said...

Great to see all the updates of the kids. And, oh my goodness - your poor husband. That is one nasty wound. Also, great news that you are expecting again. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Talk about a crap sandwich! Best of luck to you guys in the job search.

So, so glad to hear you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

First, I'm sorry to hear about Brian's job. Maybe he can start selling Scentsy too-ha ha! Seriously though, I hope something else comes along soon.

Hooray that you are feeling better! Mikayla was born in the 12th of April...how funny that you're due date is the 13th!

Randi said...

Sounds like you are all hanging in there. Hope something pans out soon for Brian, too. And yes, I'm curious to hear when this ultrasound happens, too! ;)

Alicia said...

Oh man. I don't know if I should be excited for you or so sad by Brian's loss of employment. What a hard time. Good luck with everything. PS, unisom is wonderful. I couldn't sleep while pregnant with Tyler and took a half one almost every night. It worked wonders.

Alicia