Wednesday, April 16, 2008

my good luck

Before I met Brian, I thought I had pretty good luck. Maybe not with guys (that's another story for another day), but in most other areas. I would go to Wendover with Erin, Steph, Brady, Eric, Kim and Cory, and company, and without fail, I would leave having won money. (Erin was usually the BIG winner though!) Then I met Brian and that all changed. We went to Vegas on our honeymoon and I lost all of the money we took for the slot machines so bless Brian's heart, he played 21 and won it all back! (phew!) Well, my luck has been changing in the last year. Why the picture of the swingset, you ask? I've been wanting a good swingset for our newly remodeled yard. We had been planning on one that we saw at Costco for quite some time but it was $1300 and we decided we'd rather do some other things with that money. So then we decided to find a cheapo from Walmart or Target. Course, the cheapo's are still $300-400. But the wood isn't that great and the swingsets are decent, but probably wouldn't last that long. So I called Rainbow - they are a reputable manufacturer of swingsets and I asked them how much the above swingset costs. $1300 was the reply. Ok then! I asked the receiptionist if they had any swingsets for less than $1000 and she laughed and said, "uh, no!" So I guess I hem and hawed long enough that all of the sudden she said, "But, we do have last years model of the same swingset you are interested in for $500!" HELLO! She said it was the display model and has been outside for a year but still it's in really good condition. So I called my dad right away to meet me down there to pick it up, I called Brian who was estatic about my good find and we were off to pick it up. Well, the news got even better. Come to find out, they actually had a brand new one in the box still at their warehouse! YAHOO! So we now have this swingset (in pieces still) on our patio and will be put together this Saturday by Brian and my dad. So THANK YOU to my awesome Dad who drove with me to pick up this swingset, and Brian for leaving work early to help us pick it up, and to my incredible parents for pitching in to help us get it and make this a great summer for the kids. I think my luck is changing, don't you? Anyone want to come play???

8 comments:

liz said...

Wow, you are lucky -- I remember pricing those and about passing out. We'll be over Saturday night! (kidding)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

ok, so the first comment I left came off really snotty for some reason so I had to delete it....as I was saying, I'm jealous and it looks SO nice.

Us Lochers said...

You lucky dawg!

Liz said...

For Sure! we would love to come play! I am jealous.

Rachel said...

Sweet find - way to go!! So yeah, we will be coming to visit for sure this summer!

Stephanie said...

Oh man so I was never lucky on those trips and I'm still not. So I'm Jealous! :D HA HA That's a steal of a deal and CONGRATS!!! I'm excited to see it next week! YAY

Amy said...

I would've NEVER thought to call the company directly! What a great deal!