Saturday, June 12, 2010

my new coach

You all know my appreciation for eating well and exercising (though I may not be perfect at either, they are always in the back of my mind!) I was looking on facebook a couple of weeks ago and was looking at the most recent activity of my friends. I found one of my Scentsy girls from my team and she posted that she is a "coach" for Beachbody. That immediately peaked my interest as I am a big Beachbody fan (the makers of P90x and a workout I am starting on Monday called "Slim in 6." ) So I emailed her and she told me that she would be someone I could email my questions to, she would workout with me, we'd communicate via a message board each day (check in and talk about my progress) etc.. This really appeals to me. I do well on my own, but there is something about answering to someone. Reporting my progress to someone keeps me accountable. It gets even better - she will send me any of the Beachbody videos I want to try for 3 weeks! She will send me samples of Beachbody drinks, etc.. that I want to try. I am loving it!!! If any of you want to have this awesome chick as your "coach" (for free!) let me know and I will get you her email address! Who wants to do "Slim in 6" with me? I should be getting the trial DVD on Monday. I can't wait to start!!!!

7 comments:

Super Single Mom and Her Side Kids said...

That is my weakness, not working out. I always intend to but it is hard with three kids. (which I know is an excuse).
The problem is I am down 30 pounds but I am seeing certain areas of loose skin.. so really.. gotta work out or else I will be an droopy loosy mess! : )
Crystal Lynn

Randi said...

I love working out!! if I lived closer to you I'd be in!!

Jen Howick said...

Well, I should say that I don't mean that we'll be working out together, per say, but I'm just going to do the dvd's on my own time and then so will everyone else... just doing the same thing together! slim in 6 weeks, I'm so excited!

Rachel said...

I did slim in 6 several years ago and it kicks your butt right into shape... literally. I just started it again a few weeks ago but I haven't been religious about it. I'll be workout buddies with ya! It would be interesting to see how different our results are if you do it every day and I do it...uh... not quite every day. HA!

Us Lochers said...

I'm in. How long are the workouts... and can I continue jogging?

Jen Howick said...

It looks like the videos are 36 minutes, 57 minutes, and 64 minutes. They usually do it like you do 1 video a week. Is that right, Rachel? That's how P90x is it anyway. Like 1 group of DVD's for the first 3 weeks, the 2nd group of DVD's the next 3 weeks and so on. Here's a link to Slim in 6 though... if anyone is going to order it, email me and I will give you the name of this awesome girl to order it through (my Beachbody Coach). http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/slim_in_6.do?code=BBHOME_CONTROL_SI6

and Darla, I'm sure jogging is no problem. It's just extra cardio! And I think Slim in 6 is all about cardio. Thanks for the insight Rachel, and will humor as usual! ;)

Rachel said...

I think the way you do it is you do the first video for a week, the 2nd one for 2 weeks, then the 3rd for 3 weeks. Confession.... I just do the 2nd video (ramp it up)... it's the one I like the most. And it's actually only about 47 minutes, not 57. Also, I do it about every other day and on the off days I either just get on the treadmill or I do one or two of the short workouts - thin thighs or slim & 6-pack. There's also a whole Slim Series that I have yet to try. The thing that turns me off is that they all seem to be hour long workouts. Most days I just don't have a solid hour to devote to working out.

Good luck!