We took an awesome family vacation to California. We crammed a lot into 5 days and the kids were troopers through it all! We stopped in Elko on the way there to a McDonalds that had no air conditioning. I was sweating bullets by the time we left. So if the kids faces look a little red to you, that's because they were just as hot, if not more!
Our first stop was Granite Bay, where my aunt and uncle just moved to. And coincidentally, my cousin Megan and her 5 kids were visiting from Oregon. The kids swam and had an awesome pizza dinner. We then slept over and moved onto the Bay Area.
At one point, Kaitlin decided that she didn't need her floaties anymore so she took them off. She can be stubborn so she basically informed me that's what she was doing and that's that. So, she got in the deep end and tried to float on one of those mats. I was sweating bullets. All was ok, and the kids were all aware that she couldn't swim so they were trying to watch her and help out. Well, of course she decided she'd had enough of the mat and slid off and of course started to drown. I screamed and stared in shock. Megan was holding Carli and handed her off and dove in and saved Kait's little life. Kait said, "I was brave!" and Meg's daughter Isa, who was swimming near by, said, "I saved her life!" ok then! Glad we all participated and thanks to Meg for being so quick to react while I just stood there in shock!!!
Carli and Maya... I wish I had pictures because later on, Carli was taking food off of Maya's tray and either eating it or throwing it back at her. What a nut!


1 comment:
Your daughter almost drowned and you didn't even make mention of it while you were here. Go Megan!
Post a Comment