My entire neighborhood (plus 7500 other people) was without power last night. The texts came pouring in from my friends and neighbors asking if we had power. The lines of power are weird around here. My next door neighbor, right next to us, never loses power when we do. One time a few years ago, we were out of power for 3 days during a major snowstorm, and they still had power. However, they lost power last night too. It's an eerie feeling to not have power, takes ya back to the pioneer days a little bit. We didn't have power for about 4 hours. We made the best of it. Brian and the kids went outside while it was still light and weeded. I folded all the laundry I had procrastinated on. I realized that I hadn't read any books in years so I texed several friends and asked them for some good book recommendations. I'm gonna hit the library today and get some books to read over the next week. When it was too dark to see, we got out the flashlights, and the kids went on "ghostbuster missions."
***
It came back on around 10:30 and I thought Brian was shining a flashlight in my eyes, he said he thought I was doing the same thing to him. Because when the power comes back on, all of the things that were on went it went off, come back on. So we had to get up and turn everything off, like the lights in the kids bedrooms (thankfully they didn't wake up), the bathroom light (apparently someone was going to the bathroom when the power went off!), the playroom etc...
***
Hey, at least I didn't have to cook dinner last night! We thought about going out but realized our favorite restaurant probably didn't have power either! So we had cereal for dinner. Sweet. What did you guys do last night?
Back Home to Utah
23 hours ago


5 comments:
We had power last night! But just above us and below us didn't have power.
it's a wake up call, huh? we picked up pizza from domino's and we dissapointed that we missed our shows on tv, ha!
I had power... but it was so windy out here we had to take our trampoline legs off and tie down the top... it almost took flight a couple of times. Scary!
I texted you and watched the news because down here, we had power. Also, it seems whenever the power goes out here it's either our side of the street or the other, but never both. The last time ours was out it was mid-July and 100 degrees outside. Since were were all dying of heat we loaded up the fam and went to the pool in Payson after hours. We got half price and were only 5 of about 20 people there. It was a great time!
We had power out here! Though the day itself was windy and rainy.
I picked up my little buddy from school, took him out to eat, went to get a quick hair cut while he waited so very patiently, then to the grocery store to pick up a couple items I forgot and lastly home to watch a little Idol!
Family time, however you look at it!
Post a Comment