Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday little one!

It's hard to believe that a year has come and gone, but our baby girl is 1 years old! As I sit here and reminisce, I remember that 1 year ago tonight, I was getting ready to be induced with our final baby. I know I didn't sleep well, with anticipation. I went natural and I thought my labor would be quicker than Kaitlin's, but it wasn't. It was a couple of hours longer. It wasn't horrible though, except for the placenta nightmare. Glad I don't ever have to relive that again! When she was placed on me after being born, I was instantly in love!
***
Carli is a darling baby and such a joy. She has such an even temper and a few friends have commented that if they were guaranteed to have a baby as mellow as her, they would have more kids themselves! I hope she always remains that calm.
***
The past year has been filled with such love and happiness. You are so quick to smile, and you now have 4 teeth. Your eyes light up whenever any of us walk into the room that you are playing in. You love when Jackson picks you up and plays with you. You love having me come into your room in the morning to get you out of your crib. And you love seeing Daddy at any point during the day. Kaitlin and Logan are great playmates for you and I know as you get older, you and Kaitlin will be great friends and sisters.
***
We love you, Carli! Happy 1st!

No comments: