Friday, April 16, 2010

Makeup 101 by Amy


It's a well known thing in my neighborhood that Amy, is quite the creative, educational guru. She spends countless hours with her kids (basically 23 out of 24 hours a day) playing with and teaching her children. She has 4 boys and I hope someday she gets to have a little girl too. She took me up on my free vinyl offer and a couple of weeks ago, I got the above in the mail for Kaitlin and Carli. Makeup for little girls, you ask? Well, this isn't just any ol' makeup. The blush and eye shadows were replaced with felt! C-L-E-V-E-R!
**
I gave it to Kaitlin and told her to play with it all she wanted. Of course, she REALLY wanted the lipstick but i opened it up and smelled it and it was real and VERRRRY red. So I tried to hide it but Kaitlin wouldn't let up. You know how persistent little girls can be. For at least an hour, she begged me for the lipstick. So I finally got it back out and told her that she could put it on my lips.
**
So she did. And guess what? It was a wooden dowel that Amy painted to look like lipstick!
**
I carried it in my purse for a few days to show my other neighbors when I saw them.
**
All, were equally impressed by this fake makeup idea, however, none were surprised when I told them that Amy made it! ;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know Amy myself but she is obviously a true blue genius! That is so stinkin' creative.

Amy Brinton said...

You're nice, Jen. Since I've struck out with daughters so far, I'm glad to have little friends like Kaitlin that I can dote on! I love that girl.

Anonymous said...

What a neat and mess-free idea!!!