
The birthday started out by putting on a new dress from her friends Mikayla and Jonathan in CA. So cute and springy! The kids really wanted her to open some presents (or maybe they wanted to open them up themselves!) so we started with Grandma and Grandpa H's presents from Idaho. Carli had 3 big present opening helpers everytime! Betcha can't guess who those 3 helpers were! ;) Bottom pic: finally getting the hang of opening up her presents, and without help either.

pleased with her new horn


The day went on like normal and then in the evening, my parents came up for dinner at 5. Then at 6:30 my cousins came over with their kiddos. I love this picture of Carli in the middle with all of the kids around her. I love this picture even more, for the very fact, that her 3 big present helpers all are opening one of her presents and she has none!

We got control of that situation above and now she is opening her own presents.

Her boy cousins (above) were dropped off at the store by their mom who gave them a certain amount of money and told them to pick something out for Carli. While she was opening their presents, Dawson said, "It was rough picking out her presents!" haha.. I guess a 10 yr old boy and a 8 yr old boy, with no sisters, just might find that a little rough. They did a great job though- her first doll, 2 outfits, and a book. Good job guys!

Wish she was looking up for this pic but Dawson looks adorable!

her first cake - darling big cupcake (larger than normal size) from Smith's for $1.99. Perfect!
While she ate her cake, we all had banana and strawberry splits, and mini cupcakes.
starting off with the cake eating. She dove right in. Not shy at all.

"hey guys! this is great!"

"sweet! look at all this goop and it's all mine!"
"ok, I'm getting about done. It's getting in my eyes!"

full body shot... I have to say that of all my kids, I think she was by far the messiest after her first cake. Way to go, girl! At her checkup at the doctor a couple of days later, her legs were still pink, despite baths. That frosting was some serious stuff!

All in all, a great first bday, I think!
1 comment:
Sugar and Spice and everything pink and purple, that's what this little girl is made of! Happy 1st Birthday to Carli!!!
Post a Comment