Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My responses...

I should be making dinner, but instead, I would rather blog! ;) Here are my responses to my friend Cynthia's "tag" on her blog...
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
  • Wii Fit
  • a recipe book that has little plastic thingy's to hold recipes in them so they don't get smeared with junk while cooking
  • small round cake pans
  • decorating bags
  • I told Brian to be creative and fill my stocking with "knick knacks" - can't wait to see what he comes up with!
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received

  • I've received some really cute things for my kids. Like a handmade hat and dress and underoos, blankets, etc...
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
  • I want to make some of those super cute posy clips for my daughters' hair. I also have a realllllllly long list but I am proud to say that I have finally done a few of them the last couple of weeks.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
  • my dollhouse that my parents made me
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
  • "Lego Star Wars stuff that Finley has" (direct quote), new games, Barbies, dollhouse, and Star Wars sheets.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
  • deviled eggs that my mom makes and the yummy dessert that my mother in law makes, also those to die for cinnamon almonds.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
  • I already made an ornament wreathe
  • and countdown blocks
  • and I painted a cute wood Christmas tree
  • I made a couple of things for my mom and mother in law but I can't mention them because they read my blog!
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
  • don't know! I just watch whatever my kids are watching and they love Frosty, Rudolph, etc...
9. Favorite holiday song?
  • Mary, did you know? I also like that duet with Sarah McLaughlin and I think Bare Naked Ladies of God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman. It's on the radio a lot.
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
  • Decorating the house and Christmas tree with my kids because they are so excited
  • shopping for my family's Christmas presents
  • Christmas morning... I feel like a kid all over again watching my kids unwrapping their presents!
  • Christmas program with my family and The Halls. It's a tradition we have had for about 15 years and I look forward to it every year!

1 comment:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

First, I love knowing that someone other than myself loves deviled eggs. I love them and everyone thinks I'm crazy. Second, your house is darling and all the holiday decorations look so great! Third, if you find a good recipe book, let me know. My mom has one like that (from when I was a kid) and I've never found one and want one for the same reason.