Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Most Well Behaved Children

My hairstylist is the best! Anyone that knows me really well knows that I cannot style my own hair... until now. Before my current hairstyle, all I could do was a) blowdry and roundbrush it and hope it looked ok or b) my personal fav: throw it up in a ponytail. I tried going to all sorts of different hairstylists, the one I've had for the last several years, is one of my bff's and old college roommate. She tried for years to give me cute 'do's that for the life of me, I could never replicate and always ended up growing them out or again, going to option b which was to put it up in a ponytail!

Several months ago, I did a Scentsy show with Angie, Steph, and my sister in law, Liz, at a salon right by my house called "A New Day." The show had some issues so the owner offered us compensation at the salon. I asked for a pedicure. One of the gals that helped with the pedicure was a cute gal named Becky. Right at this same time, my previous hairstylist said she was quitting doing hair because she was having twins (imagine that! ;) Becky actually does hair and helps with pedicures on occasion and she was running a special for $50 for a highlight and cut. I'm all over the deals, and even better that the salon is less than 5 minutes from my house! I'm used to driving 45 minutes for my hair to get done. She did an awesome job. Her prices are normally $75-100, so knowing our unemployed situation, I had to save up to go to Becky again. I didn't go for another few months, and at that point, my hair was downright atrocious. I counseled with Erin and Steph about what to do with my hair and we all 3 agreed that I should do an a-line bob. The best part: I can actually style it all by myself!!!! I got a CHI flat iron, and if any of you are still using a grocery store flat iron, you are missing out! You can find people on KSL selling CHI's for cheap or go to Costco - they've got them for a good price too. I actually know how to roundbrush it, flatiron it AND give it some volume!! And also, when I went to pay, Becky only charged me $50 AGAIN! She said that I am a lifer at $50. SAWEET!!!! So now I can afford to go to her often and she freaking gave me the best cut ever and I can style it! Life is awesome!!!!

So, I decided to take my 3 kids to her today. I told them that they had to sit right next to me while each one was getting their haircut. They were SO GOOD and this little old lady who was getting her hair done by a different hair stylist came up to me and said, "You have the most well behaved children!" I'm not sure if I have EVER received that comment before! Anyone that knows my kids probably can't believe that anyone would ever say that about them! To their credit though, they are getting a lot better in their ripe old ages!

And my last great news is that Becky said that she will cut and highlight any of my friends or family's hair for $60. Remember, she and most places charge between $75-100. As Logan would say, I give her a 5 thumbs up! And she only charges $10 per child's haircut which is cheaper than a lot of "other" places and she does a heckuva good job!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That does sound great! I'll definitely keep her in mind. I told Brent that as soon as I loose more weight, I want to find a cute hairstyle and color to go with it.