So, I did what I didn't think I'd ever do. I went to an opening weekend movie of a super popular movie. My whole life, I've never been into that. I don't see why anyone would want to fight the crowds to see a movie on opening night / weekend when you could just wait and see it a little later!!! But Steph invited me to go with her and some of her friends to see the new Twilight movie, and surprisingly my super busy babysitter actually could babysit for me (Brian had previous plans) so all my ducks were in a row so that I could go. I was mostly excited to hang out with the girls, the movie was just an added bonus.
Do you want to hear how I almost got beat up though?
Well, at Jordan Commons, the seats are assigned. You choose where you want to sit when you buy your tickets. So Steph and I walked up to the long row of seats that she had reserved for us and her friends and there was a couple sitting right in the middle of the seats. They were a rather, um, intimidating looking couple and Steph didn't want to ask them to move so being the naive fool that I am, agreed to do it. The previews had started so I scooted over next to the man and said, "um, excuse me." He looked strait forward. I kept talking. "The seats that you are sitting in belong to my friends that will be arriving soon." No comment. "See, I have the tickets right here with the seat numbers on them." The girl looks over at me and loudly and rudely says, "What do you want?" I explained to her again and she said, "We were here first and we're not moving!" Ok then! So that did not go well and at this point I'm mad and scared all at the same time. Steph's friends still weren't there, but she went out to meet them and get the manager. It's not like they could have sat somewhere else - the stinkin movie theater was PACKED. It's opening weekend, remember?
So, the manager comes along, a petite little thing and she tells them again that they need to move to their seats. They are MAD. She asked them what their seat numbers are and the guy yells out "S 3 and 4" (they are sitting in Q16 and 17). They have a hearty and loud exchange and the manager leaves. Well don't worry because Steph left too, leaving me all alone with this couple who are ticked beyond belief. I can't even pay attention to the movie because I'm scared I'm going to get beat up! Apparently, there was a great kiss in the beginning of the movie but I don't remember any of it because my heart is pounding, my palms are sweating, and I am looking for the nearest exit!
The manager comes back and the couple angrily agrees to move. I lunged out of my chair and sat on the steps so they couldn't see my face (brought me back to my days in high school when my friend and I would visit our friends in another city that we felt was scary - we always said, "no eye contact!") and ask the man is walking past me he said, "I want to deck someone!" really loud. AAAGHHHH! I was so scared!
Anyway, finally everyone came to their seats and we enjoyed the rest of the movie. It was a super fun night and I'm so glad to have such a fun friend in Steph! Cheers sister! ;)
Labor Day Weekend Stuff
5 days ago


4 comments:
YikeS! Next time, pick a theatre that doesn't assign seats! Oh, and confront only with your posse's there to back you up or call 911 whichever comes first! :)
Wow, what the nerve! I think that is an excuse to go to the movie again, since you didn't see it all.
ROFL Jen, I can't help but laugh. Thanks for being such a good sport despite it all. :) I am a total fan of assigned seating when there aren't retarded people refusing to sit in their assigned seats. But I agree with Alicia... guess we'll need to go again so we can see the parts we missed. :) HE HE Lots of love to my "Soul Sister".... HA HA HA HA HA HA
Thats one awesome story! I would have been scared to death too. What are people thinking? They think because they look scary that they can be idiots?! Way to go for sticking up for yourself. You should have seen the line in Delta for the midnight movie...when I say line I mean big mob of ladies and girls butting in front of everyone. There was screaming and fighting trying to get in so they could get seats. So I'm not sure if assigned seats are a good or a bad thing. :0)
Post a Comment