I have tried super hard this week to keep our playroom spotless. I normally don't even go into it because it's usually a D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R. But I excercise down there so I decided to motivate me to want to excercise more, I needed to clean it up down there. It's hard to excercise when you have to lay on dinosaurs and misc. pieces of who knows what. So.. on Tuesday, I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I even labeled some drawers with my trusty Cricut so the kids know where certain things go. Then I decided that it was time to teach them that they pull one bin out at a time, clean it up, and then they pull the next thing out. This was going well until their friends came over this morning. They immediately b-lined for the playroom. Ok, breathe. So for about an hour, they played well. Everytime Brian came upstairs he gave me a report of how it looked in the playroom. On his last trip upstairs before I went down, he said, "they are getting restless." That smells like disaster, I thought. So I headed downstairs, and one of their buddies tried to shut the door on me. Uh oh. I feel myself getting nervous. I pry the door open and in the corner is Logan. Standing over a pile of toys. 7 bins of toys. Yes, 7. I should have taken a picture. I was dying. Of course, the blame game starts. "It was Ander!" (he was upstairs), "It was Jackson" (he's at school), "It was Logan's idea!" That I can see. It probably was since this is something he's done before. I hurry and call my mom and ask her if I am overreacting about this. I know it's normal for kids to make a mess but come on. Why do they have to just sit and empty out perfectly organized toys? ARGH!!!! All of the kids dive into the mess of toys and start "helping" put them away. I finally sent them all outside, except Logan, who had to help me clean every last toy up. Then I informed him that if he ever did something like this again, I would hang him by his toe nails. He said, "And then everyone will color me, like a picture?" Bless his heart. He always looks at the brightside! ;)
2 comments:
HA HA, what a cutie!!
One night while the kids were in bed, I was so fed up with constantly cleaning the basement, that Brent and I dejunked a LOT. Feels so much better. Besides, there's Christmas and Birthdays coming up to fill it right back up. They haven't missed a single toy.
I hear you! It seems like every time I go in and clean their room, not 5 minutes later they have dumped everything out and then they don't even play with the toys they dump out!!! Must be a kid thing. Maybe it is their way of getting back at us!
Jenn Bryant
Post a Comment