Thursdays are generally a little long for us. It's the one day of the week where we don't have too much going on, ok, let's face it, we usually have nothing going on. I tried to make it the laundry / cleaning day, but I just can't go a whole week without cleaning and doing laundry (that's a daily thing for me). We usually end up at the library or something to try and do something that day. But today... (drum roll please....) we had playdates lined up all day long!
For starters, Jackson has a little friend at school that he loves, Nickolaus. His mom and I set up a playdate for them today and she invited Logan to go along too. She's an awesome girl, I could see myself being friends with her. And ironically, our kids ages match up almost perfectly, right down to this last baby - hers is 3 months old. Anyway, so from 10-1, Logan and Jackson played at their house. Meanwhile, Kaitlin and I did some birthday shopping for Jackson.
Then, around 12ish, my friend and neighbor Denise called and asked if all 3 kids could come over and play with her daughter, Emma, for a couple of hours this afternoon. It doesn't get any more perfect than that! So they played with Emma from 2-4.
That 2 hours was the first 2 hours I've been home alone in eons. I always have at least one child with me at all times. I turned on some music and cleaned and cleaned, then vegged for about a half hour on the couch. It was so nice! So thanks a MILLION, Valerie and Denise! You guys rocked my world today!
Happy kids, happy mom!
So much for my "now you see it, now you don't" post - my Explorer will be back next week! It is almost fixed. I've missed it, but I will not miss the convenience of the minivan either. We'll see how it is loading up 4 kids into 4 carseats in a car with 2 rows that I have to climb back into, to get to. And where I am going to put my stroller? When the 3rd row seat is up, there isn't any room for my Sit n' Stand stroller and I am not going to have 3 kids wandering around while I push baby in the stroller. Couldn't you just see me at the zoo with the baby in her stroller, meanwhile, trying to keep Kaitlin, Jackson, and Logan nearby? AGH! Last year was the first year that I did not lose a kid at the zoo! With the possibility of 3 walking, I will probably lose a kid everytime we go to the zoo! haha! We'll figure it out, maybe I'll strap the stroller to the top of the car, or drag it behind. ;)
And just in case anyone wants the countdown, I have 10 more days until the baby will be here. YAHOO! At the end, every day feels like a month.

Oh, and I'm not sure why this is the last subject for this post but my sweet Grandma passed away the other day. It's a blessing because she has been so sick lately but she will be missed. I was raised living 10 minutes away from her so I have countless memories playing at her house, sleepovers, running around with my cousins playing "scarves", eating vanilla ice cream, picking plums from her trees, "the nightgame", going to her house everyday for lunch when I moved back to CA one summer in college etc... She was an awesome lady and I'm grateful that I knew her well enough to have so many memories of time spent with her! I won't be able to go to her funeral in CA, for obvious reasons (9 months pregnant) which is something I never imagined, but luckily there will be a viewing for her Sunday night here so I am glad I will be able to be there for that.
Off to bed... one day closer to having this baby. Yea!
For starters, Jackson has a little friend at school that he loves, Nickolaus. His mom and I set up a playdate for them today and she invited Logan to go along too. She's an awesome girl, I could see myself being friends with her. And ironically, our kids ages match up almost perfectly, right down to this last baby - hers is 3 months old. Anyway, so from 10-1, Logan and Jackson played at their house. Meanwhile, Kaitlin and I did some birthday shopping for Jackson.
Then, around 12ish, my friend and neighbor Denise called and asked if all 3 kids could come over and play with her daughter, Emma, for a couple of hours this afternoon. It doesn't get any more perfect than that! So they played with Emma from 2-4.
That 2 hours was the first 2 hours I've been home alone in eons. I always have at least one child with me at all times. I turned on some music and cleaned and cleaned, then vegged for about a half hour on the couch. It was so nice! So thanks a MILLION, Valerie and Denise! You guys rocked my world today!
Happy kids, happy mom!
So much for my "now you see it, now you don't" post - my Explorer will be back next week! It is almost fixed. I've missed it, but I will not miss the convenience of the minivan either. We'll see how it is loading up 4 kids into 4 carseats in a car with 2 rows that I have to climb back into, to get to. And where I am going to put my stroller? When the 3rd row seat is up, there isn't any room for my Sit n' Stand stroller and I am not going to have 3 kids wandering around while I push baby in the stroller. Couldn't you just see me at the zoo with the baby in her stroller, meanwhile, trying to keep Kaitlin, Jackson, and Logan nearby? AGH! Last year was the first year that I did not lose a kid at the zoo! With the possibility of 3 walking, I will probably lose a kid everytime we go to the zoo! haha! We'll figure it out, maybe I'll strap the stroller to the top of the car, or drag it behind. ;)
And just in case anyone wants the countdown, I have 10 more days until the baby will be here. YAHOO! At the end, every day feels like a month.

Oh, and I'm not sure why this is the last subject for this post but my sweet Grandma passed away the other day. It's a blessing because she has been so sick lately but she will be missed. I was raised living 10 minutes away from her so I have countless memories playing at her house, sleepovers, running around with my cousins playing "scarves", eating vanilla ice cream, picking plums from her trees, "the nightgame", going to her house everyday for lunch when I moved back to CA one summer in college etc... She was an awesome lady and I'm grateful that I knew her well enough to have so many memories of time spent with her! I won't be able to go to her funeral in CA, for obvious reasons (9 months pregnant) which is something I never imagined, but luckily there will be a viewing for her Sunday night here so I am glad I will be able to be there for that.
Off to bed... one day closer to having this baby. Yea!


4 comments:
Isn't it strange to be home alone? You kind of wonder what it is you're supposed to do with those free arms and all that quiet. I'm glad that you had a great day!
I love those kind of days!! YAY on getting your car back!!
Its so amazing what you can accomplish in a couple hours at home on your own eh?! Glad you had a few moments alone. Enjoy cuz in less than 10 days you may not get that opportunity for a while!
I'll be thinking of you these next couple weeks. I hope all goes well.
Post a Comment