Though I guess I would be at 36.5 days, but who's counting? Course, I've had a baby at 34 weeks so it wouldn't be totally uncommon for me to not be here! At 37 weeks, I'd say that I will be ready, so in just 2 or 3 more days. Today was one of the more uncomfortable days, looking forward to tomorrow being a new day!
We've received a ton of dinners and concerned phone calls from friends as word has passed around about our last week. In a nutshell, I got broadsided by a guy that ran a red light. He smashed into the drivers side of my Explorer. The car is either totaled or it's got about $8,000 worth of damage - we thought it was totaled but our insurance company called and said that the car might be worth more than that, so my dreams of a minivan are slipping away.... as they might just fix the Explorer. I was just so looking forward to the convenience of a minivan.
Then I spent last Thursday night in the hospital after an ultrasound and some tests to make sure the baby was ok. I'd had a lot of pain in my stomach from Tuesday-Thursday and I just didn't know what it was. I never went to the hospital after the accident, so when I arrived on Thursday night to be monitored for a "couple of hours" the doctor in Labor and Delivery decided I needed to stay overnight to be observed. I wasn't planning on that so I slept overnight in a very uncomfortable bed in my clothes mind you! I couldn't wait to get home the next morning! The doctor did say though, that if a blood test came back a certain way, I would be induced the next morning. Can't say I would have been overly disappointed! ;)
Nonetheless, I was released and everything is fine. The conclusion is that I must have experienced some muscle damage in my stomach and so it was muscle contractions, but the baby is fine, thank goodness!
She's not quite as active as she has been lately, maybe running out of room now. Though, tonight, I've felt her quite a bit - great, a night owl!!! My feet are starting to swell, I pulled a muscle in my belly tonight changing Kait's diaper, and overall, I'm just pretty sick of it, I think.
In other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AWESOME SISTER, TAMMI! We mailed her a package the other day which came back for insufficient postage, so Tam, it's on it's way. Sorry for the lateness. We did try though! And Logan asked if we could drop off the package to your doorstep. If only we didn't live 10 hours away from each other!
The kids are great, the weather is awesome - we've been spending all sorts of time outside, swinging on the swingset, playing with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc... It's so nice to have this great weather for now. I'm sure the snow will hit again soon, sadly. I should write down some of the hillarious things my kids say. They sure make me laugh all day long. We were all sitting on the steps outside today, eating cookies, and I told them that this will be one of the last times that it's just me and them because soon Carli would arrive. I think that is ok with them. They seem pretty excited for the new addition to arrive. Jackson says he will help in any way he can EXCEPT changing diapers. He said that is "disgusting." Smart boy.
I guess that's about all for now. I have some pics to post but I'll have to do that tomorrow. I am pretty tired and ready for bed!
Back Home to Utah
23 hours ago


4 comments:
Well now I feel bad that I haven't brought you dinner. I hadn't heard about you going to the hospital either. And I feel like your insurance company is kind of jerking you around -- why don't they just make a decision already?! Good luck getting through the next couple of weeks.
oh heavens no.. no guilt. Heck, I haven't even given you a gift for your new lil' guy!
Wow, what a crazy couple of days. I'm glad everything is good with you and w/ your little fam. I'm sorry that your at the most uncomfortable part of your pregnancy AND you had to sleep on a hospital bed to top it off. I'm sure that was a long night. Good luck getting your mini van! (I bet you never thought you'd wish for a mini van 10 years ago) :)
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I'll have to remember to read back on this post if I ever decide I want another baby. Just to remind me what being pregnant is like.
Post a Comment