That's the comment I got today... that's the first person that has ever said that to me. Some girl at the Dollar Store said, "wow, you look like you're about ready to pop!" Everyone else can't believe that I only have 4 weeks left (yes, that's right, only 4) or maybe people are just trying to be nice by saying they think I look small! hee hee... doesn't really matter, I am 35 weeks along, so whether people think I am big or not is not a big deal. I feel huge, but I have to say that I honestly don't think I'm as big as my other pregnancies. I kinda think it's because I've been on this strict diabetes diet, I just probably haven't gained as much as I have in other pregnanices. All that aside though, we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of this baby! I'm excited to see how the kids will react to her. Hopefully all positive and no jealousies. We'll see.
Edited to note: We went to a party tonight for one of Logan's best friends at school. There were lots of families there and as we sat down to eat, this guy sat near us and said that he is an OB/GYN and Brian said - oh great, at least we know if Jen goes into labor tonight, there's a doctor in the house! and the OB said, "well, she's not that far along is she?" So, maybe people aren't lying, except for the girl at the Dollar Store (j/k) if an OB doesn't think I look that big, maybe I'm not. Anyway, just kind of funny.
Back Home to Utah
23 hours ago


6 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of her.
I'd like to be the judge of this hoopla over there....put up a couple pics online, a profile and a front(al) view and I'll give you my honest opinion!
Yes Jen, you should put some pics up with you and your belly! I would love to see how big/small you are too! Good luck!
Jenn
there is probably a reason that she works at a dollar store. sorry was that rude? some people are just not tactful at saying things, though she probably meant well (maybe) what comes out of peoples mouth is not always what they mean. me especially.
you do not look as if you're ready to pop! you're beautifully blossomed!
One time a check-out lady at Wal-Mart said to me, "You're paying $30 for that rug? I would NEVER pay that much. Shirley, come over here and see this rug that this lady is paying $30 for. Would you ever pay that much?" And then there was this entire scene of check-out ladies looking at my $30 rug (which was originally $40, mind you). And that was the day that I decided never to take anything seriously that a check-out lady said to me. You look terrific, Jen!
I'm guessing Dollar Store Girl has never been pregnant and therefore doesn't know what the body is capable of at 9 months. You should go back right before your due date and say "NOW I'm about to pop." I look at pictures of myself at nine months and it just looks freakish. I cannot believe my belly stretched that far.
Post a Comment