Yesterday, I found the motivation to finally fold some laundry. The kids were outside playing so I turned on TV, grabbed my huge bin of whites and started folding. I kept hearing this noise -like something was moaning or growling, but whenever I would mute the tv, it was gone. I started thinking that maybe it was my own stomach growling. This went on for a bit and finally I turned off the tv and there it was, the sound was moaning at me.
I hurried and called Brian (he was downstairs working) and I told him that I thought there was an animal under our couch moaning at me. He came up, armed with a stick (he's so brave!) and pulled the couch out, there was nothing there but he heard the noise too, a few times. We both sat on the couch, on our knees, and stared into the fireplace waiting for the noise. It came one more time. We think that maybe an animal got stuck in the chimney or something? I heard it a few more times and not again. Isn't that weird? I guess if we start smelling a stench in a couple of days, we'll know that some poor critter didn't make it.
In other reports, I have a zit the size of Texas on my chin. Kaitlin informed my mom today that I got bit by a spider... that's how big it is, that my 2 yr old noticed it and thinks it's a spider bite! It's taken about 5 days to develop and now it's all scabby and just sitting there. I'm not sure I've ever had such a big zit, nor have I had one that has hurt so bad! I'd take a picture but I don't want to gross anyone out. Maybe it's a sign that my body is preparing for labor - like a hormonal change or something?
I am now 33 weeks, the end is in sight. I can't wait!!! I've already made preperations for if the baby comes in the middle of the night, who we will call for help etc... I've had a baby at 34 weeks, so preparing this early is really not that early at all. And I've determined that it's the diabetes that makes me hate pregnancy so much, but on the flip side, my doctor told me the other day that she might induce me even earlier than a week before. YIPPEE!!! I'm sure some have their opinions on induction but for me, that is a-ok. I'm the miserable pregnant woman, remember!
And today has been glorious - Jackson went to a friends house for the morning, then I picked him up from there and the boys went to school, then Kaitlin and I met Mimi for lunch and now she's at Mimi's house and I've had 2 hours completely alone! And most of the day has been me and one or two kids but not all 3 at the same time. I love 'em to death, but Brian works 12-13 hours per day so a little break is in order for me from time to time!
Back Home to Utah
23 hours ago


6 comments:
Thanks for calling today! Always good to hear from you. Sounds like you had some well wanted time to yourself and an overall fun day. So the boys go in the afternoons to school! That sounds better than trying to deal with the hustle and bustle of getting everyone out the door early in the morning. I'd like that be an option for me but that's not gonna happen anytime soon :(
Anyway, I hope your critter doesn't come to haunt you in your sleep. We had an injured bird in our house once and wasps that came in through our vents. Freaky!
Take care and enjoy your weekend!
Jen I have the zit on my chin the size of Wyoming, so not too far behind you. And it's totally hormonal. Maybe TMI but since I had Nicklaus I break out like an adolescent every month right before the lovely visitor. It sucks! I never had zits as a teenager! So don't feel bad, you're not alone in that dept! And good luck with your critter. My parents get birds in their chimney ALL the time. They usually find their way out or my dad has to catch them IN the foreplace and release them outside. Joy.
I get the nastiest zits when I'm preggers too. I have 3 mountains on my face right now.
What are you going to do when you have this baby? You're going to be the Howick 6 and you'll have to change your blog!
i already have a name picked out for the new blog when the baby comes! I'm glad to know I am not the only one with zit problems. I'm on day #7 of this zit, it's unreal!
I always get the nastiest zits when I am pregnant. Aren't we beyond that stage of life for zits? I hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see what she looks like.
How scary about the groaning!! That would freak me out.
Glad you got some alone time. You definitely deserve it.
Post a Comment